Students Dressing UP?!?!?

FBALLER

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its great i think its awesome for students to do it. the team see that they are getting there schools support and most other people love it also i know our principal loves when we get into the game and show our support theres nothing he likes more. and its alos fun to do it and when some people do it they more get into it and the next thing u know everyone is in on it and everyones having a good time so i say keep it up

What is your opinion on students dressing up to support their team? (b-ball games)

Ex. Wigs, b-ball jerseys, knee high socks

Do you think it makes the school look bad?

Will it make a student not want to goto your school?

PLEASE REPLY!!!!

How would that make a school look bad? Wouldnt it be the other way around. It just shows school spirit. And it is optional so I dont undersrtand why it would make someone not want to go to that school.

i think that it is great to do this and show support for your school and team. i will tell you what disturbs me are some of the chants i hear from student sections as i travel across the state; i.e. hey you -- sit down -- you stink and others that i consider in poor taste. is this acceptable now in high schools? do administrators condone this? or am i out of touch ? i would like to hear your comments

Greenbrier students have been showing great support this year...lots of students at the games even when school is snowed out...some guys even paint up with sayings on their chests like "Go Cats" and the names (or nicknames) and the numbers of the players on their back and the rest of the crowd can get real loud as well. The bad thing is that most of the guys who paint up are football players and for some reason the football coach doesn't want them to do it anymore...what's up with that?!?

I think its great for the students to show their school spirit. No, it doesn't make the school look bad. As with anything, it can get out of hand, but deal with that on an individual basis. The vast majority of the time the kids are having fun and enjoy being part of the game.

I thought it was great when Greenbrier played us at our gym. Two of their students had painted their chests. One with Bob, the other with Cats. Only problem was when they weren't together, Bob looked like he had his name on his chest.

I say let them have fun. It usually spurs other students to want to get involved. So dress up, act goofy and cheer your team on.

The bad thing is that most of the guys who paint up are football players and for some reason the football coach doesn't want them to do it anymore...what's up with that?!?

See thread "Administative Nazis" catsball

You think thats bad. Sycamore's student section traveled to Stewart Co. and the athletic director told us to get to the top of the blenchers or get out. All because we were TOO LOUD! Stewart Co. had a student section but I guess the athletic director would not let them speak. It is sad to see when the school's faculty is against school spirit. They even said they were going to take our megaphones away. :(

I think its great for the students to show their school spirit. No, it doesn't make the school look bad. As with anything, it can get out of hand, but deal with that on an individual basis. The vast majority of the time the kids are having fun and enjoy being part of the game.

I thought it was great when Greenbrier played us at our gym. Two of their students had painted their chests. One with Bob, the other with Cats. Only problem was when they weren't together, Bob looked like he had his name on his chest.

I say let them have fun. It usually spurs other students to want to get involved. So dress up, act goofy and cheer your team on.

Yeah that was a pretty good game and the two student sections were awsome cheering back and forth and copying each others chants(we did most of the copying though)...that was only about half of our home student section or maybe even less but it was the ones that usually make the most noise...maybe the football coach will change his mind

i am also a Greenbrier fan and it was very disappointing to hear that the football coaches made these boys stop cheering for their team. these boys would paint up and run out with flags for the bobcats and it got the crowd into the game. this is something that Greenbrier basketball has not seen in a while. what a shame!! i know for a fact several of the basketball players came to every game painted up and cheered for for the football team. i also support the football team but i dont know if i will anymore. it looks like to me they are trying to run the school. what makes it right to do it at a football game and not a basketball game? what makes things look even worse before the season started 3 football players quit and 2 were starters. another shame. come on coaches get with the program! :(