Why all the Tony Fox Haters from Knoxville?

OldSchoolBalla33

Tony Fox is one heck of a ball player. Say what you want, some call him a ball hog, some say he talks to much, and some just love to hate him, but whatever the case may be lets please not let that get in the way of seeing that he is not just a great shooter but a great player as well. I just got done reading a post on Knoxville shooters and Tony was hated on so much in there and that is so unfair. A lot of people want to believe that he is really cocky. This is so far from the truth. He is a great guy that gets the job done in the classroom as well. Also, even if you want to call him a ball hog..........HE HAS MADE 65 THREES AND HIS TEAM IS 17-2. Oviously he isnt hurting his team by looking at his record and looking at the fact that not only has he made that many 3s but he has shot 38% from the 3 point arc while doing so.

So to all of you tony haters get off his back!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An impartial observation on Tony Fox after seeing him play once:

Plays very hard with a lot of emotion...Takes some bad shots and makes some bad decisions, but also makes key plays...Seems like a good leader...Emotions get the best of him sometimes, but sometimes his emotions pick his team up...Kind of guy you would like to have on your team because he so hard-nosed...Will be very difficult for him to play on the next level...Not too sure of the quality of Catholic's schedule...Haven't played any of the better teams in Knoxville area (Oak Ridge, Clinton, Farragut, Bearden, A-E, Alcoa, Fulton, Karns, South-Doyle), so their record is misleading...But they are a better-than-average team.

Tony is a key player for the Irish, there is no doubt about that. But the reason people do not give him as much credit as you say he deserves is because he makes stupid stupid plays and he has 0 class. Now, i understand that the class part has nothing to do with his game, but when a guy is chucking up as many shots as he does, the guy is bound to score some points. Fact is, Tony is not a bad player by any means, but hes certainly not top 10 players in Knoxville, not even the best player on his own team.

You see him as a friend, but we see him as a hothead on the court when our teams played against him. He has talent but no displine. I heard him on the court and see how he acts, what he does with his friends. I don't care; he doesn't set a good example on the court and thats what most people see. His teammate at Knox (#44) is the kind of player I like to have on a team.

Tony is a hot head on and off the court thats his attitude and thats the attitude a team needs sometimes #44 Dan Sheridan is pretty much soft spoken but when he gets fired up you better get out of his way. Is it not right to be able to have fun while your playing? That's all that Tony is doing. You can tell he is having a good time, So what if he tries to get his fans into the game alittle more sometimes. The way he acts on the court is nothing for you guys to worry about I don't think, so all the Tony Fox "haters" I got one question for you all, why? Is it his attitude, his skill, what I would like to know