Why all the Tony Fox Haters from Knoxville?

OldSchoolBalla33

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think most people who dont like him, dont like him because he doesnt come across as a very nice guy. he may do alot for his team, but people love to have someone on an opposing team that they can "hate" more than the others. my personal experiance is that he tried to start a fight after a game with some football players from my school. then he jumped in his car and drove away swearing at them. doesnt sound like a very nice guy to me.

well actually tony didnt try to start anything. it was your football players that were saying stuff after we had won the bball game. they had been ragging on tony and other players all night, and after the game they continued to do it. i guess thats where tony came in and said something (if he did, i didnt witness this, i heard it from various people). people dont just try to start fights after they win a basketball game for no reason. your schoolmates initiated all talk with him after the game. and i do remember hearing the whole thing was about how you all thought your football team was better than ours.

Edited by Dinos33

i go to catholic, and i used to hate him. probably bc he pretty much single-handedly won a game against us. he hit 5 threes in the fourth quarter to beat us. i believe we were up by around 16 in the quarter and he brought them back to win. so basically i hated him bc he beat us. we are good friends now and i guess he could come off as not a nice guy on the court but thats bc he loves to win and will do anything to win. he really is a nice guy and there is not much to dislike about him besides the fact that he can shoot the lights out on your team.

I personally like his competitiveness. He lays it all out on the court, and at least at the end of the night you know he gave you his all. You can't say that about all sports players. And I don't agree at all with the "he heaves so many shots up he's bound to make some" theory. He just shoots funny, his jumpshot IS a heave. And I'm sorry, but he HAS to have some talent to make the shots, its not just a blind shot.

sence when did being nice become a requirement for basketball??? He is one heck of a nice guy off the court, where people should be nice. But on the court is a different story, as it should be. He is a firery competitor and anyone that has played with tony can probobly say that he has made them better in one way or another

Everyone hates Tony until you meet him. I used to hate him before he came to Catholic. It is actually pretty funny, we have film of us in each others faces our sophmore year. And now we are on the same team and very close friends. About scholarships, I will say is he has a few offers, but he is still uncdecided. He didn't try and start a fight after the game. I was with him, but I don't want to get into all of that. Tony is a great player when he is smart about things. He is a good leader, and knows how to get his team ready for a game. He is a very good kid once you know him, it is a shame people hate him simply because of basketball. But if any of you care, we beat Sequoya by 41 tonight. Brett and Tony both had points in the teens and as a team we had over 25 assists. Unaka will be tough tomorrow and so will the game Friday with Webb. And we all know that Tony will get a bunch of crap on both nights. But honestly, we could care less because the more you say, the better he plays.

Edited by AusDan