12&under SSS Tryouts Saturday

I was under the impression that they already had enough to field a very good 12U team. Are the tryouts for a second team or just to see if any other talent shows up.

Also, there has been discussion on the girls board concerning the big Jackson Co. girl playing up. Anybody know?

I understand that in the past, prospective players were told that Rick would be coaching these younger age groups, but it didn't turn out that way. Is this true and if so, will this year be differant?

Duke

Well what a turn out. I could be wrong but 23 girls showed up Saturday morning. They did some drills and then the county girls were told to come back Tuesday and everyone else this Saturday. They looked good but will a National Champion come out of this? I've was told that there were four more girls coming that are stronger than the girls there.

Edited by Sidetrain

Well what a turn out. I could be wrong but 23 girls showed up Saturday morning. They did some drills and then the county girls were told to come back Tuesday and everyone else this Saturday. They looked good but will a National Champion come out of this? I've was told that there were four more girls coming that are stronger than the girls there.

Explain "county girls" and "everyone else". Are they separating the locals from the kids from out of town?

The 1st team is going be made up of the best 12 players at the tryout. The second team will be made up of the rest of the kids. From what I have heard both team are going be really good. They are having a hard time trying to decide who are the best 12. Their was 3 to 4 kids that couldn't make it this past saturday due to still being involved with junior high team. They are going take a second look at the team saturday and then will decide on what they are going to do. Look like they are having a good team shape up and can't wait to see them play.

Coach Brown is taking a girl from here in Red Boiling Springs down there with him. She hasn't been able to make the tryouts just yet because the Lady Bulldogs have been in the Jr. High TNT State Tournament, but due to their performance today...their season is over. Look for Ms. Leonard to do well with the Isells and Brown for SSS.

Two teams were picked on Sat. SSS Orange and SSS Blue ( I believe). Both teams should do very well. A lot of talent on both with the orange team having the advantage in height. Been told that the girl from Red Boling Springs is one of the best 12u girls in the state, haven't seen her yet though. Wish both teams luck.

Two teams were picked on Sat. SSS Orange and SSS Blue ( I believe). Both teams should do very well. A lot of talent on both with the orange team having the advantage in height. Been told that the girl from Red Boling Springs is one of the best 12u girls in the state, haven't seen her yet though. Wish both teams luck.

The girl from Red Boiling Springs is GOOD! The girl from Jackson County will cause some matchup problems for most. B)