Pickett beats Celina

BobcatChick

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The Lady Bobcats pulled off one of the biggest upsets of the season tonight. They won 58-48 in overtime beating a team that was coming off a huge win against Jackson Co. and had won the last meeting by 27 against us. The lady cats played the best game they have played in a long time offensively and defensively, also hitting there foul shots. Sorry i dont have any stas on the game, Awesome win tonight Lady Bobcats you guys rocked the house tonigh.

Not to take too much away from the Lady Bobcats but it was a classic big game "letdown" for the Lady Dawgs.

Feet still hadn't came down from knocking off Jackson County!!!!!

Lady Cats you played the perfect outside game against a much bigger team!

Those that live by the 3 also die by the 3 but tonight you all were truly alive!!!

Here's the story as the scoretable had it:

1st cchs - 15 pchs - 6

2nd cchs - 23 pchs - 22 (7 3s + 1 FT)

3rd cchs - 30 pchs - 39 (2 more 3s) pchs gets 1st lead 26-25 6:24

4th cchs - 47 pchs - 47 (1 more 3 ) (d. smalling double dribbles going to the basket down by 2 with no call but ends up making basket to tie game) Even the PC fans around where I was sitting said it was an obvious double dribble

OT cchs - 48 pchs - 58

cchs - 13/21 FT 0 3s :D pchs - 14/19 FT 10 3s ;)

cchs - herrmann - 16, rich - 11, watson - 9, smith - 8, strong - 2, killmon - 2

pchs - cook - 20, d. smalling - 13, garrett - 10, mason - 9, sells - 5, garner - 1

(3 3s) (3 3s) (1 3s) (2 3s) (1 3s)

:D

well here is another stat for you that you might find astounding. PCHS was -10 steels to Turnover's that game too and yet still won, i'll agree it was a live by the three die by the three night for PCHS. From where i was siting we just didnt have the killer instinct that we would have being up by 6 or more on any other team until the start of the overtime. You have to admit that this team is much improved over the team that started out the season with a 1-5 record and has quickly turned it around and almost sinched up a 2nd seed for the tournament in Baxter here in 3 weeks. This is probably the best game i've seen out of PCHS since they played in the Arbys/KFC Shootout in Stearns, KY over Christmas weekend, and played 3 very good teams in that tournament and finished 2-1 with a second place finish, this should show you that this team can go as far as the team wishes to go. Now its just up to them to beat(hopefuly) RBSHS, then play good against Oneida, then to go to Albany, KY and take a win from Clinton County, which is a top 5 team out of Kentucky, then go to Monterey and take a win there to close out the district season then they have one final game at Oneida before the districts, so you see it doesnt get any easier from here, because when they play like they did today, no one will stand in their way.

and as to the double dribble that you refered to... i was siting on the end of the bench when the supposed double dribble happend and from where i was looking i didnt see anything illegal about it but i have access to the tapes and i'll go back and check and admit if i am wrong about what i saw.

N.J.

Feet still hadn't came down from knocking off Jackson County!!!!!

We were only one game, if i was you i would forget about that game as it won't do you a bit of good in your district, now you see a little of what its like to be the hunted! You beat us so now everyone gets up for you, now you get everyone's best game, you'll find out that its hard to stay on top for very long, all i can say is don't live in the past, it won't do you a bit of good next week! Good Luck to both teams. :D

Fanatic, your're exactly right the girls should have soaked up the glory of defeating one of the most prominant AA schools in the state the rest of Friday and all day Saturday and then went back to work on Sunday evening to insure that 2nd place in your district (which means a 1st rnd bye in 7A) doesn't get away from you.

That's why Coach Brown wasn't too excited during or after the loss. Don't get me wrong I've talked to him enough and knows he doesn't like to lose....but

Clay County wasn't AA competition and most importantly they weren't in 7AA

The loss to Clay for Jackson meant the same as the win for Clay over Jackson...

Absolutely nothing in the BIG PICTURE!!!!!

Go Monterey...Wrap up 2nd Place for us with a win over PCHS!!! :D

Edited by TopDawg83