School cancelled

Bluebelly

Hamilton County schools are cancelled today due to flash flooding. This includes Soddy. Don't know about Bradley County Schools. Notre Dame is closed. Baylor is open, don't know about McCallie; I assume that McCallie is open.

Are any other schools that are in the duals closed today? What about Bradley?

In the past, when schools are closed due to weather, the school superintendents or principals would not allow teams to travel.

Does anyone know, yet, what the impact on the duals will be?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

In 1996, the tournament went on with who ever could get there. As a consequence Red Bank, Maryville, and Karns were left out. Karns and Bed Bank both had a shot that year. I am still unhappy about that. That is as close as an Upper East Tennessee has come to winning under this current eight team format. I am not sure we would have won, but I would have like to have had the opportunity to try.

It appears that on some threads Science Hill is being sold short. Jeff Price did a triathalon this summer and Science Hill will do well this weekend. Good Luck to the Hilltoppers

Dan Dugger

Edited by duggerd1

Hamilton County schools are cancelled today due to flash flooding. This includes Soddy. Don't know about Bradley County Schools. Notre Dame is closed. Baylor is open, don't know about McCallie; I assume that McCallie is open.

In the past, when schools are closed due to weather, the school superintendents or principals would not allow teams to travel.

Hamilton County School Board policy, if schools are closed due to weather, NO PRACTICE, GAMES, AND NO TRAVEL INVOLVING STUDENTS!

Hamilton County School Board policy, if schools are closed due to weather, NO PRACTICE, GAMES, AND NO TRAVEL INVOLVING STUDENTS!

Don't bet on it. I'd be amazed if schools were ordered to stay home.

McC was leaving at 9:30 this morning.

I'm concerned for Soddy. The bureaucrats at the Hamilton Co system have a history of enforcing across the board rules instead of making sound decisions on a case by case basis. My younger son wrestles for a Hamilton Co middle school and there is a county wide tourney schedule for today and tomorrow at Ooltewah high school. I was just told that it has been canceled.

Edited by walkenvol

You don't have to play a $2.00 lotterty ticket to win this one. You can go ahead and bet the farm that Bradley will be in Clarksville today. My guess is that they will leave early this morning and be there before noon.

Bradley's bus pulled out at 11:00am this morning.