McEwen/NCS

MILOJO

OK, enough!

First of all, as a McEwen resident and fan, let me offer a sincere apology to the NCS players, fans, faculty and administration for the sign held up by the McEwen student section Tuesday night. It was completely out of line and unacceptable. I saw the sign but didn't realize what it meant. Somebody had to explain it to me a couple days later. I lead a sheltered life I guess.

The bad feelings between the two schools has gone too far and needs to stop. There is plenty of blame to go around on both sides. I heard the McEwen kids yelling wannabe,wannabe at Cam last year. I saw the NCS kids holding up a sign "wee one" at Cody Hall, screaming shoot midget, shrimp.

Maybe we should address the issue of "hick week/day". There simply should be no place for disrespectful actions directed at people because of their race, ethnicity, percieved social or economic status, the list goes on.

Let me offer the olive branch to all on this board and to folks at both schools. It sholdn't be like this. We have 2 fine schools here, with dedicated faculty and Community, turning out teachers, doctors, farmers, with alumni in foreign lands spilling their blood so people can sit around exchanging insults over basketball? I think not!!! The unacceptable actions of the few at both schools is not and should not be represenative of the whole.

Oh by the way, lost in the mire, another great game by players on both sides the other night, boys and girls. Noticed the NCS assistant coach walk right by Daniel Puckett and everyone else and shake no hands, then Puckett and J Anderson shake hands and give each other a congrats. Maybe the kids on the court are having to be examples before everyone else. LET IT CHANGE AND LET IT START WITH ME.

I am a nonpartisan reader (CPA fan) who agrees that retaliation by trying to "one-up" classless acts is a joke. Someone needs to eventually take the high road, forget revenge, and mend the relationships (which is not the players, but the fans) between these two schools.

With that being said, I do strongly agree with Big48Eagle that the McEwen AD and administration should take disciplinary action against the sign maker and holder(s). To ignore it is wrong. Rivalry taunts, signs and chants should not cross the racial or handicap lines. It's time to step up, McEwen.

I myself as a McEwen cheerleader was shocked and highly ticked at the students for the sign. No one knows how bad I wanted to take that sign and slam it on my classmates head!!!! I do not take kindly to racial comments, its just the way i was raised by my parents. My mom wouldn't even let us say the N word in "her" house as she said and to this day i still do not and when someone says it i go off. The student is being punished for his actions(personally i dont think its the best punishment for what he did but its being done). I just want all NCS fans to know that I love it when we play yall!!! The games are always so close and they are the best games of the year, win or lose. I love cheering when its time to play yall!!! I apoligize for the stupid actions that some fans did, that was extremely low and I'm HIGHLY TICKED!!!!!! i have know problem with blacks or with mixed people, i have mixed kids in my family and they are the sweetest things ever!! its like my mom said when i told her bout what happened, "when you got to the pound to get a dog and its a mutt, what are you gonna do shoot it in the head because its a mutt and not one certain breed?" HEy, sometimes the mixed breed is the best breed. To #5 who they were calling a mutt, forget them they're stupid and very low in classlessness. You're a really good ballplayer and that's all any of the players on either teams needs to worry bout. Both teams have done their share of insults and uncalled for actions since last year, I say lets stop it now. Why can't we all just get along? :P lol!!! Good luck NCS on all further games, Hope to play ya again soon in tourneys, I'll be ready to cheer!! Best wishes to both teams and take your basketball careers to the top!!! :)

Well, things sure have seemed to "change overnight" here. Good to see NCS03 is ready to calm things down. I would be happy to join you guys for dinner also. As for the McEwen cheerleader, you said a lot of good things and its great to see you have the class to get on here and not only let us know action is being taken, but also be so understanding about the situation. Hopefully everything will calm down, but until then lets all just stay cool.

On a side note, good job to the NCS boys who beat Jo Byrns last night by about 20 in their Cominghome game. D. Anderson was on fire (also the Coming home king), hitting 7 3's, Skinner with 4 as well. NCS finished with 14 3's, probably only missing about 18-20 others.