Who should win D-II Mr. Basketball?

gomab2

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Question for Coacht.com:

I am a former graduate assistant coach for an OVC school. I do some scouting for several area colleges to help their recruiting as I still have many friends in the business. I was asked to go see Tony Fox. I had already seen him make the all-star team at the prestigious Blue-Chip camp in Georgetown, KY. He also scored 51 points in one game at the camp.

How is Tony Fox not on your list? How is he not on your top 200 player listing when he is obviously one of the top guards in Knoxville? His team is 20-2 and he averages 18ppg along with 4 assists, and is leading the area in 3pt field goals. He is obviously the top player in the D2 region.

He single-handedly beat a very good and well-coached Baylor team. In that game he made the game-tieing 3-pointer to force OT, and then proceeded to score the first 7 points of the OT to seal the win. His coaches tell me he has seen a box-in-1 in over half their games. He is averaging nearly 20 ppg in region contests. He sees the floor very well, can stop on the dime and shoot his jumper. He can finish in the paint and has unlimited range on his jumper. One of his coaches called him Mr. Clutch as he always seems to make the big play in big games. He is currently being sought after by several D-2 schools, several top-notch NAIA schools, and a few Atlantic Sun and Southern Conference schools have shown interest.

An opposing coach in the region with prior exoerience as a D-1 assistant called Fox easily the region's MVP, and implied Catholic would be close to last place in the region without Fox. He said their entire game plan against Catholic is to stop Fox and limit his touches and shot attempts. Another opposing coach called him his favorite player from another team b/c he plays with great effort and intensity.

Jonathan Adams is the next best high school player in this region. He has D-1 potential if he can expand his perimeter game this summer. He is very skilled for his size with a nice shooting touch. He blocks shots and rebounds. Easily Baylor's top threat.

I hate to say anything negative about anybody but Conner is not even close to the region's best player. In the region's biggest game of the year I saw him score 3 points and give up 16 second half points to a Baylor player who is not a scorer. In region contests his ppg average barely reaches double digits. He does most of his damage by putting up big numbers vs. weaker competition in non-region contests, which merit no value in D-2. He is an above average high school player, but not even close to a Mr. Basketball candidate.

Question for Coacht.com:

I am a former graduate assistant coach for an OVC school. I do some scouting for several area colleges to help their recruiting as I still have many friends in the business. I was asked to go see Tony Fox. I had already seen him make the all-star team at the prestigious Blue-Chip camp in Georgetown, KY. He also scored 51 points in one game at the camp.

How is Tony Fox not on your list? How is he not on your top 200 player listing when he is obviously one of the top guards in Knoxville? His team is 20-2 and he averages 18ppg along with 4 assists, and is leading the area in 3pt field goals. He is obviously the top player in the D2 region.

He single-handedly beat a very good and well-coached Baylor team. In that game he made the game-tieing 3-pointer to force OT, and then proceeded to score the first 7 points of the OT to seal the win. His coaches tell me he has seen a box-in-1 in over half their games. He is averaging nearly 20 ppg in region contests. He sees the floor very well, can stop on the dime and shoot his jumper. He can finish in the paint and has unlimited range on his jumper. One of his coaches called him Mr. Clutch as he always seems to make the big play in big games. He is currently being sought after by several D-2 schools, several top-notch NAIA schools, and a few Atlantic Sun and Southern Conference schools have shown interest.

An opposing coach in the region with prior exoerience as a D-1 assistant called Fox easily the region's MVP, and implied Catholic would be close to last place in the region without Fox. He said their entire game plan against Catholic is to stop Fox and limit his touches and shot attempts. Another opposing coach called him his favorite player from another team b/c he plays with great effort and intensity.

Jonathan Adams is the next best high school player in this region. He has D-1 potential if he can expand his perimeter game this summer. He is very skilled for his size with a nice shooting touch. He blocks shots and rebounds. Easily Baylor's top threat.

I hate to say anything negative about anybody but Conner is not even close to the region's best player. In the region's biggest game of the year I saw him score 3 points and give up 16 second half points to a Baylor player who is not a scorer. In region contests his ppg average barely reaches double digits. He does most of his damage by putting up big numbers vs. weaker competition in non-region contests, which merit no value in D-2. He is an above average high school player, but not even close to a Mr. Basketball candidate.

One guy...15 screen names. Give me a break about Fox. Shoots 8-30 every game, and cusses out everyone within earshot.