Powell at Clinton

mocs30

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Ogan started the game man to man, and Clinton did a great job in the half court and opened up a 17-0 lead. Coach switched to a zone and Clinton had a tougher time. Clinton played very well. Powell, on the other hand, showed a lot of guts, coming all the way back to tie that game up in the 4th quarter. Too bad they spent all their energy coming back. Vibbert played well and he plays hard, but I'd be more impressed with him if he could just keep his mouth shut during the game. I don't think he is mentally tough. That could make it tough when he starts playing against Division I players next year.

Clinton will more than likely advance to the Region because there are only four teams that are competitive in the district. O.R., Karns, Clinton, and Powell. When it comes to the Region I look for O.R. and Maryville to be the best picks. Clinton will self distruct when someone puts the heat on them. Farragut needs to be more consistent. Bearden needs another big man. Karns may be peaking to soon. Powell is a year or two away. South Doyle is a threat if they get on a good streak. Watch out for them in the tournament they are capable of pulling an upset.

Where is District 3 tournamrnt going to be? District 4? Region?

I wasn't very impressed the way Powell showed up the first quarter of the Clinton game. Those guys showed a lot of heart in battling back from a 17-0 deficit and actually tying the score at 50-50. Powell's perimeter game is what actually got them back in the ball game and kept them within striking distance. Plumlee was just playing extremely well hitting 6 threes and having 24 points. Herman also added a couple key threes during their comeback run. If Powell will learn how to play 4 quarters people better look out come district tournament time. They are tough when they come to play. GO PANTHERS!