gomab2

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For as good as Raleigh-Egypt is, why is no one on this entire site (Jumpshot and I excluded) giving them any chance or any recognition???

I may surprise some people, but I am picking R-E is they can get to state (which is not a given by any means having to get through a LOADED Region and Substate with Fayette-Ware, Sheffield, BTW, Hillcrest, Union City, Westview, Haywood, etc)...

To me Bolivar seems more consistant and plays as a team better than Giles County and Raleigh Egypt(also they are very well coached). But Raleigh Egypt is very deep with at least nine players who can play. If Raleigh Egypt brings their A game I think they will wear down Bolivar or Giles County in the end. All three teams are very good and it will be exciting if all three make it to Murfreesboro. I also feel that the bracket in the state tourney will benefit one of these teams better. For example, if Raleigh Egypt plays Giles County in the first round and Bolivar is on the other side of the bracket Bolivar will in essence only have to play one of these teams in the final. It will be difficult for any of these three teams to beat the other two in consecutive days back to back.

No Memphis love?

I would love to see another Bolivar-Giles matchup at some point this post-season...

Memphis, along with Middle Tennessee don't need any more love. They get plenty from your rankings.

I'd say Giles will win it all, but let me ask this. You listed 48 AA teams on your poll, including all the honorable mentions. Does this mean that there are 48 teams better than the Volunteer Falcons in NE TN (#11 on the Sched + Success)?

Thanks for the confidence in the Pharaohs, GoMab.

The only reason that I can figure for the lack of recognition is that no one from Middle or East Tennessee gets to witness the caliber of basketball that is played in Memphis, and can't fully appreciate it. There are so few posters on this site from Memphis that it is dominated in the voting and opinions from Middle and East Tennessee posters.

Giles played in the same Sportsmed Shootout as Raleigh Egypt...Giles went 2-2 and the Pharaohs won it. Raleigh did lose to Bolivar in a Hall of Fame Game. During Christmas, Raleigh lost to Ridgeway by 2 pts. and Bolivar lost to them by 10pts...common opponent.

Everyone in midstate wants to see a Bolivar-Giles Co. rematch, and that would be a good one. It may come to pass, for the regional tournament in Memphis will be a slugfest with Raleigh, Sheffield, Hillcrest, Kingsbury, BTW, and Mitchell. No other region is that strong!!! I guarantee you that whomever makes it out of that gauntlet will be more than battle tested and ready for Bolivar or Giles!