12U

but I don't see one of them being able to compete with the Waves or Lady Bulls with just two above average teams.

The waves are not fielding an 12U team this year. I believe three of the starters are playing in Lebanon. That leaves the question, where are the other kids playing?

The bulls are still a together and should be the team to beat(tied for 9th in nationals)

I would tend to agree with the notion that SSS would want an "A" team to compete at the highest level, but they may be so loaded with talent that two "A" teams are possible.

Which team is Laken Leonard on?

Edited by marmaduke

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey sidetrain, which team did your daughter end up on? I remember her from last year with the SSS and the year before with the Express. She is an incredible athlete, can jump through the ceiling.

She's on the first team, but really not considering them first and second team. One team has the advantage with height and speed but the other team should come along quite nicely. Wish both of the teams success this year.

Both teams should do very well this year. The orange team is made up a lot of the SSS girls from last year, some from Murfreesboro, Manchester, Tullahoma, Wartrace, Unionville, Shelbyville, a few others I am not sure of. As for Coach Brown, I haven't noticed him at the practices yet, waiting for their teams to finish in the state, mainly Tom Insell handling practice at this moment. Chad Spenser of Liberty and a few others I don't know are doing the orange team.

To whom asked the question about the girl from Oliver Springs - she is very good! Saw her practice and she is a huge threat and we are glad to have her as part of our team! As far as the Shelbyville program, don't worry because as long as it has the name "Shelbyville Sport Shop" we are all one team and we all expect to be in the Nationals!! So watch out for us!!!! ;)

Will it is nice to see that the talk is heavy early in the AAU season. But like others how will these girls handle being put up son high. Like most good teams people talk it up and when your not the one being talk about you shoot for the one at the top.

But will they play some teams that are in the 13 or 14 yr old to see how tough they are or just to see how good they are? Next week Shelbyville is having a tournament so the test is just around the corner. Good luck to all teams in the State. :ph34r:

I'll be at Shelbyville next weekend, so I'll be able to check out the two Shelbyville teams and see how well all the star talent is playing together. Are they going to play up in the 13s this weekend? I would think not since this tounament usually draws some great teams, but if they really want a challenge then they might i guess. I can't wait to see all the good 10, 11, and 12 year old teams from that are going to be there.

Most of the games are played at Harris Middle School, Shelbyville High School, Shelbyville Recreational Center, Webb Private School (Bell Buckle, TN) and Unionville Middle and High School. I don't know any specific times for this age group but the pool play games will probably start somewhere around 5:00 pm Friday night and run through late Saturday evening. Bracket play will start early Sunday morning and run through late that evening. I am not to familiar with what teams are going to be there this year. There will probably be a few teams from last years state tournament, and probably a couple of real good teams from out of state. That's really all I know about this age group. I think they usually try to post schedules in the lobby of Shelbyville High School, if you want to go and find out when teams play.

Edited by ptguard12

Games in Shelbyville will begin Friday at 4:30 at SCHS, Liberty, Harris, Thomas, Rec Center #1 & #2 and Unionville #1 & #2 that is all the gyms that will be used this weekend. Saturday 8:00am thru 8:30pm. Sunday using 5 gyms...Unionville, Harris, Thomas, Liberty and SCHS. Great teams from Georgia, Alabama, Southern Indiana, and Louisville, Ky among some greats from Tennessee. Any more info call Tom Insell and he will tell you what you NEED to know. Oh and by the way I am the other Coaches that have helped him cause everyone knows that HS coaches can not help until school is over for the summer if they have incoming hs kids on their team.