12U

so did you see them? what did you think?

To be honest, I got sick early saturday morning and didn't get to see any 12s play. I got to see alot of 10s and 11s play friday night and early saturday morning before I took ill around 11:00 and went home. I heard both teams played really well, but I never got a chance to see them play myself. I wish I had though, because I was looking forward to seeing how well they were all playing together. I guess I'll have to wait til sub-state.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I got sick early saturday morning and didn't get to see any 12s play. I got to see alot of 10s and 11s play friday night and early saturday morning before I took ill around 11:00 and went home. I heard both teams played really well, but I never got a chance to see them play myself. I wish I had though, because I was looking forward to seeing how well they were all playing together. I guess I'll have to wait til sub-state.

Didn't both the 12U SSS teams play up this past weekend?

Anyone have results?

The 12U Express are going to be better then they were as 11U last year. They got probably the best 11 year old in south middle tennessee to move up and play with them so they have to be improved. If my memory serves me right, she was on this team as a 9 year old and led them to state two years ago at the 10U level. Anyways, they will be better but getting out of the south middle sub-state will be hard with both of the loaded Shelbyville teams, the Flash, and the Top Guns to contend with. They have the talent to contend with these teams but the coaching is what it will come down to for these girls. If the coaching is anywhere near as bad as it was last year when they were 11, then this team is in trouble. Good luck to them and I hope to get to see them at sub-state. BTW, does anyone know why they dropped out of the Shelbyville tounament this past weekend?

I took the Franklin Fury off that list since they are playing in the North-Middle Sub-State, according to the bracket found on the Tennessee AAU Girls Basketball website.

Edited by ptguard12

Ptguard12

I'm not 100% on this but it was my understanding that there was a mix up on the scheduling. I heard the scheduling was wrong with Express 12U scheduled with the 13U and other problems. I guess it was the coach's decision to not play.

I believe your right on about Express 12U being able to compete with the other teams in Sub-State. The young lady you have commented about did move up with this team and hopefully with her and the combined talent they have this year they will have good luck. I guess we'll have to wait and see about the coaching.

The young lady you have commented about did move up with this team and hopefully with her and the combined talent they have  this year they will have good luck.

BBall36,

You seem to know quite a bit about this team and that young lady. I have always enjoyed watching her play. Since you seem to know alot about them, I was wondering if I could ask you question. Do you think that the young girl should have moved up to the 12U or stayed back in her own age group??? I've seen alot of cases where playing up has hurt players and times when it has helped. I don't think that this young lady has ever made it to nationals but I am assuming that it is a goal of her's and her parents for her to get there. With the 12u south middle sub-state being so loaded this year, don't you think it would have made more sence for her to stay back? From what I remember, the team she played on last year was extremely good and they all played well together. However, there could be other outside factors that I am not aware of, but I was just wondering why she decided to leave a good team and go to a team that seemed to absolutely be in shambles at the 11u sub-state last year (unless this is an entirely new team with new players and new coaches).

Edited by ptguard12

Ptguard12

I heard from a coach that girl went to the Nationals when she was 8 yrs. old with a 10U Tennessee Express team. I also heard she won the State Elks Club Hoop Shoot this year.

As far as the 12U team, I haven't seen them play yet but maybe she can help them as she did as a 9 yr. old. I'm going this weekend to watch them play and it is always a great tourney so maybe I'll know more later. I also will watch the 11's play some and will know more later about that.

Ptguard12

I heard from a coach that girl went to the Nationals when she was 8 yrs. old with a 10U Tennessee Express team. I also heard she won the State Elks Club Hoop Shoot this year.

As far as the 12U team, I haven't seen them play yet but maybe she can help them as she did as a 9 yr. old. I'm going this weekend to watch them play and it is always a great tourney so maybe I'll know more later. I also will watch the 11's play some and will know more later about that.

Keep me informed, as I won't be attending that tounament this weekend. I hoped to see them play this past weekend, but they didn't. Let me know what your thoughts are following the tourney.

I really don't believe that the 12u Express will be able to hang with the SSS teams or some of the other 12u teams with the 11 year old moving up. UNLESS they have added a lot of other players. Last year the 11u Express was weak in a lot of areas and having her as point guard at this age level probably won't make a great deal of change. My daughter played with her a few years ago, and she is an excellent player, I just don't believe they have the other 4 spots that would be able to compete with some of the other teams. We played the Lawrenceburg team a few months back with just a local traveling team, (don't remember the score) but I believe it wasn't even close. From what I hear, she probably should have stayed down and played with the 11u or tried to get on another team. I wish her luck, and my daughter says hi #32.

How about we just wait until after they play, and then everyone can make their judgements over whether or not this particular young lady should have stayed down. She's an incredible player who only wants to further her knowledge of the game. Her parents probably felt that she would learn more by playing up against bigger and more mature 12 year olds. Also, many of the girls on this 12u team are girls that she will play with in middle school next year, and playing with them this summer will most definitely benefit them when the middle school season rolls back around. I know that they want her to get back to nationals, but I'm not so sure that that is the main reason behind her playing up, as she probably would have had a better chance with the 11u team, since everyone is talking about how hard the 12u south middle substate is this year, while the 11u seems to be pretty much wide open. I respect their decision, as I think everyone should, and I wish both her and that team all the best (but they already know that).

Edited by ns234