Best Point Guard --Knox Area

chill

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

I saw Plumlee go up against Dye last night and I would definitely give the advantage to Plumlee based on last night (6/7 threes and 24 points). But, Plumlee is really a scorer first because his team needs him to be. Gulmire, who showed up at the Powell/Clinton game, is probably the best all around point. I am really impressed with his court presence. He probably can't score quite as well as Plumlee, but he can do everything you need. And to think that he was "supposed" to go to Powell. A Gulmire/Plumlee backcourt would be pretty darn scary. They would be the second best backcourt in the East behind Bradley Central. Good topic, chill.

Most of us would agree that Gulmire is a little better than everybody else at this position, but here are few comments on some others that I've seen play...Burroughs is exceptional, having hit buzzer-beaters to beat Bearden and Heritage, and he provides great senior leadership...Bennett would have to be on this list, but he does play a lot of wing for West out of necessity...Eakins isn't really a point guard, but is one of the better wing players in the area...Haven't seen Plumlee play...Dye does a decent enough job, but he has weapons all around him, inside and out...I've seen a couple of others that are worth mentioning - Cameron Sharp at Halls and Grant Snoderly at Heritage...Sharp is only a freshman but has a tremendous future...Very quick and an excellent ball-handler...Snoderly has been hurt most of the year and isn't 100 percent now, but he should be outstanding next year...Hard to tell who Bearden's point guard is, but White has tremendous potential and I believe he's young for his grade - should be a freshman age-wise.