State tourney TV broadcast

walkenvol

Sly - If I understand you correctly, the D1 finals will be broadcast live.  The D1 and D2 will be recorded and commentated with video available for purchase?

walkenvol, Yes, from what I understand thats the way it will be.

Edited by sly

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've been told the format will be much the same as last years broadcast with one major difference.  This year both tournaments will be fully commentated and the videos will be available for purchase on the TSSAA website.  There will also be an addtional video available with highlights from both tournaments.  The broadcast of the finals will be Saturday Feb 21st from 4-7pm on Fox 61 in the Chattanooga viewing area.  That will be cable chnl. 11.

What channel will it be on if we don't live in the Chattanooga area? Because I'm a wrestler from smynra??

Edited by weeman580

walkenvol, Congratulations on your new career as a television personality! I heard that you'll be along side Johnny Lennon for the taping of the DII state finals. I can't wait to hear you call the 152 finals......it could get very interesting. Good luck.

I couldn't do it. You'll be good at it, I bet. Good luck to you with one of the greatest matches going on that night @ 152. I'm hopeful D1's 145 match isn't going on at the same time. I want to give each of these matches my undivided attention.

soms

Sly - I didn't know this had become common knowledge yet, thought I was going to be the surprise commentator. Should be fun, but I'll be taking a break from the mike for the '52 match. I've tried to spread the word through the proper channels, but I'll use the power of coacht also. To any wrestler in D2 or their parent or their coach that believes they have a realistic shot at being a finalist please e-mail me a personal bio at tim.manley@bellsouth.com before Friday. Please include all the usual info like name, age, school, record, past accomplishments, GPA, college plans, future wrestling plans, etc. Also include anything of interest about yourself that you would like to be shared on TV such as family history in the sport, hobbies, etc. The more that we know about the finalists the better the broadcast will be.