CPA Rolls On!

divepix

CPA won their 6th in a row over AA Fairview at home 90-65, scoring 49 points in the first half. Sikes was again big with over 30 (don't know exact stats) scoring both inside and from 3-land.

This is the same Fairview team that beat McEwen at home and barely lost at McEwen. Comparing scores is not always an indicator, but CPA is playing very well right now. Hopefully, it will continue and they don't read too many of their own "press clippings".

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good win for CPA and thats a whole lot of points lol. But just so you know, Fairview is BAD. Not to take anything away from CPA, but they just aren't a good team. Right now McEwen would beat Fairview by about 15 or 20 with a decent game. Maybe im wrong, just some thoughts. :lol:

I would also like to throw in that i think if CPA stays healthy and plays good ball, they're DEFINITELY one of the top teams in the state.

Edited by Big48Eagle

Big Eagle48, it was just a month ago that Fairview only lost by 3 at McEwen. So either Fairview is not so bad or McEwen is not so good. Saying McEwen would beat them by 15 today is based on what changing in the last month? Maybe McEwen is better than they were a month ago struggling to beat Fairview - I don't know - but maybe Fairview is better as well. :lol:

Well in a matter of 5 days NCS played both McEwen and Fairview, and although McEwen is always a big test for us, Fairview was nowhere as close to being as good as McEwen as a team. I think CPA would have beaten McEwen had the game been played, but only by about 10 at the most. Fairview doesn't have a player that can do it like Puckett, and when Puckett is on and leading the team, they can beat a lot of teams. Also yes, a lot of things change in a month, but like i said, CPA is still a top state contendor in my book, unlike McEwen.

Fair enough. We may have the game with McEwen rescheduled for next week. Even if they beat us, it will be an advantage to play them on their court and get some practice playing on their court for the regionals (if we make it).

It may be next Tuesday.

Talk about a tough close to a season. In the next 2 weeks we have DCA, FRA, McEwen (maybe) and Temple. I'll be happy with 2-3 wins out of that. Should get us ready for tourney level play.

NC has played Fairview twice. The first game close. Second game not so close.

McEwen has played Fairview twice. Both games close.

CPA has played Fairview once. Not a close game.

We're talking about Fairview playing 3 teams a total of 5 times and three of the five games were good ballgames played by both teams.

Big48, you state that Fairview is BAD. I guess that in your opinion NC just played a BAD ballgame the first time you played Fairview at Fairview.

Is Fairview not allowed to play BAD ballgames now and then? Were not the 2 BAD games Fairview played on the road?

Fairview played McEwen and NC close at Fairview. You can call it "biased officiating" if you want, but the fact of the matter is Fairview is not as bad of a team as you make them out to be.

They have been competitive in every ballgame but a handful. They simply lack a "go to" player that NC, McEwen, and CPA have.

NC has played Fairview twice. The first game close. Second game not so close.

McEwen has played Fairview twice. Both games close.

CPA has played Fairview once. Not a close game.

We're talking about Fairview playing 3 teams a total of 5 times and three of the five games were good ballgames played by both teams.

Big48, you state that Fairview is BAD. I guess that in your opinion NC just played a BAD ballgame the first time you played Fairview at Fairview.

Is Fairview not allowed to play BAD ballgames now and then? Were not the 2 BAD games Fairview played on the road?

Fairview played McEwen and NC close at Fairview. You can call it "biased officiating" if you want, but the fact of the matter is Fairview is not as bad of a team as you make them out to be.

They have been competitive in every ballgame but a handful. They simply lack a "go to" player that NC, McEwen, and CPA have.

Either that or Fairview is a pathetic excuse for a basketball team. We played like women at Fairview, dealt with the alumni refs, and still won by like 7. At home we controlled the game the whole way through and pretty much sent them home feeling like nothing. NC has about 4 "go to" players, one of which isn't playing right now. If i was a Fairview fan i might say "good post" or if i hated NCS i would say "great points dude!" but i am neither of the aforementioned parties. Fairview has not played a good ball game either time they played NCS. I don't think their guys do that. Actually, I think Fairview's girls team PG could start for the guys team- no joke at all. Maybe the Yeller Jacket boys should practice against them, although they might not do too well. :( Grizzly thank you for pointing out that NCS lost to Clarksville Academy. Your comment served no purpose seeing as how NCS03 said Fairview, not CA. While CA may be worse than Fairview (is it possible?), his point was still not about CA, it was about Fairview. Here are the real key facts we should think about semenalum:

Fairview has lost to NCS twice.

Fairview has lost to McEwen twice.

Fairview has lost to CPA badly.

Pretty sure thats all that really matters kiddo. ;)