Tie-breakers

1Aobserver

Anyone know the tie-breaking system for the district? With Moore Co. sitting at the top with 3 Losses followed bt Huntland, Cascade, and Richland with 4 there is bound to be a tie somewhere within the top 4 since there is a chance for Moore Co. to lose to Richland. Then there would be a 4 way tie for 1st, and with this district being as inconsistant as Shaq from the line, seeding will matter when it comes to the second round, but as far as the first round goes, lol, it all depends on who comes to play opening night. Anyone could lose (Even Moore Co. and Cascade) who I happen to think are the best 2 in the district.

I don't know how the tie breaker will go. I do believe that it will depend on who shows up to play. I do not agree on MC and Cascade being the best. They are good teams along with a lot of other teams in the district. Both teams are winning but not winning by much. I still believe that Huntland has the best team they just do not always show up to play. They have lost four games. Three of those games only by one point and those were nights that they did not have a good night. They were beat by Cacade in over-time by one point on a bad night. On a good night they beat Cascade by 14 and MC by 14. I know that MC has come along way since that win, but Huntland only lost to them by one on a bad night. I believe that the tournament could go to anybody, but I do believe that if Huntland is at their best, that means they play 4 quarters of great basketball, then they are by far the better team. That is just my opinion.

Support, the way this district has been, ANY team that shows up and plays 4 quarters of their best basketball WILL win that game, because chances are the other team, no matter who it is, will not be playing there best basketball. Anyone could join this post and make the same argument about this team has the best chance "IF," and this team will win "IF." The majority of games games that MC lost were all close, just as 3 of Cascades 4 losses were by 1 point, 1, point, and 4 points. And it's like this for many of the teams in this district. Here are the top 4 in my opinion (no specific order):

Richland: Decent talent, Average Coaching

Cascade: Great talent, Poor Coaching

Huntland: Above Avg. talent, Good Coaching

Moore Co.: Decent talent, Great Coaching

Based upon these comparisons, I feel as if on a given night Huntland can beat any of these teams by 15-20, and the same goes for Cascade. With Moore Co. you know what you are going to get night in, night out: Consistancy. Richland is a very good team with Hewitt but not so good without her, but still in the top 4, in my opinion. Basically, this district will be decided on who comes to play around tourney time. Whether it be Culleoka, Eagleville or any of the top teams, whoever comes prepared and ready to play on that first night will be victorious. Bottom line.

1Aobserver,

that was an excellent post. I agree with absolutely everything you said. The top teams should be Moore Co., Huntland, Cascade, and Richland. I think they have the most talent in the district and all are playing decent at the moment. However, like I've been saying since the end of last season, it's up in the air. Whoever wants it, will get it. Good Luck to all of them.