William Blount Coaches?

EastTNGuru

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guru,

Too soon to tell really. I understand there is going to be some fall-out. Rumor is, at least one coach has aspirations of joining Coach Reid at Alcoa if the details can be ironed out.

I'm not certain what Coach Reeves will do. He's a fine coach and an even better person. He's an asset to the program and I hope he stays on.

Garner and Gamble are both good coaches and Emert is probably as good in the strength and conditioning aspect as anyone around.

Jason Phillips volunteered last year. He's young, be he's an offensive brain. He can help if he'll stay around. There were some other guys who helped last year, but I'm not as familiar with them.

I can tell you that Coach Meadows plans on bringing at least one assistant with him (non-faculty).

We'll see what else happens. I was at the school today and the team was hard at work in the weight room. They've got some great looking talent and they are working hard. Hopefully, this combination will pay off big in the near future.

i know WB had abundant talent in the soph. class last year. i know emert and know how hard he pushes the kids in the weight room. know that meadows is a winner and he'll bring a winning attitude to the program. these kids have the talent to win so games, they've just always been told they cant. interesting to see how the season unfolds. keep us informed. i've got my contacts, but there's none as good as "the voice"

nah ... but thought you might be interested in this Guru:

Last night, WB hosted Alcoa in basketball (Alcoa won both games). It was senior night so we honored our seniors between games. Afterwards we introduced Coach Meadows, Patti, and Megan and Scott's parents to the crowd. Many of the Alcoa people there booed. Does that surprise you? I'd like to to think it was mainly the students in the cheering section that were booing ... I couldn't really tell.

GovMan: Please leave Alcoa alone. If the Alcoa students wanted to boo Coach Meadows as he was introduced, so be it. Come on, that is to be expected. WB students would have done the same thing if Coach John Reid has been introduced as the new Alcoa Football Coach at a WB/Alcoa basketball game. Your implication was obvious: Alcoa students don't have any class. I think you owe them an apology for implying such. If it was the adults doing it you would have been justified in your criticism but leave the kids out of it.

I read your posts on the basketball and football boards and find them interesting and informative and I appreciate that. However, you stepped over the line with your implication about the Alcoa students. I have watched those kids grow up over several years and have been the baseball coach for many of them and I know first hand what kind of kids they are and the good homes they come from. You can criticize the coaches and you can criticize the adults but the kids are not fair game, kids who are still in the process of growing up and maturing. That is especially true for someone like you who works with kids as a ministry.

JRC,

Sorry. I honestly did not mean to imply what you said. And I agree, if the situation was reversed, WB kids would probably do the same thing. I was just passing along a piece of info to ETGuru, because I knew he would have a particular interest in it.

The kids and parents I know from Alcoa, the administration and most of the coaches are extremely classy and good people. For implying otherwise or for criticizing your students, once again, please accept my apology.

By the way, I thought it was a great night for the Tornadoes against a cross-town rival. Your girls hung tought and got the job done (short-handed without Duggan) and your guys looked awesome (some of the best defensive basketball I've seen played on WB's floor in a long time).

Govman: I appreciate your reply and your apology. I just have to jump in when I feel "my Alcoa kids" are being criticized and I know you do the same with "your WB kids" and that is a good thing. I wish all of the WB athletic programs the best and hope and expect Coach Meadows to make a significant impact on the football program.

i hear that meadows is having a hard time finding replacements for all the coaches who were upset w/the hire and left for greener pastures???

As usual, EastTnGuru does not have any facts but pretends to know all when he posts. First of all, just because he does not have an instant staff does not mean he is having trouble. As a matter of fact, he is interviewing coaches daily and is going to make an educated, informed decision. Something you might consider before posting rumor and falsehoods.