The Rest of Warren County's Season

truckstop

Okay, WCPioneers, yes I am Tommy Davis. I truly think anyone who knows me knows that. I do not hide behind my anonymity like others (YOU). Anything I have posted on this board or said is what I truly believe. Everything on here has been positive and encouraging to my team and coach.

I truly take exemption to you saying I have been undermining the head coach. If I undermined him, I would undermine the team. I care as much about this team and the players as anyone else, if not more. I want to see them succeed. That is truly my only concern. Do you truly think I would go through a year of going 0-14 in the district if I did not care about the kids, team, coach, everyone involved?

As for the question about my integrity involving my brother-in-law... I truly take this personally. Coach Keil hired me because he saw me coaching his AAU team and he liked the fire and drive I brought to the bench. He knew me and knew that me coaching someone in my family would not be a problem. It has not been a problem and not been questioned when others do it at many other levels and sports throughout this system. This is not a concern.

Also, to say that Doug did not care about players is just wrong. You obviously did not know him outside of the basketball gym. You must have never seen how much it tore him up to make this decision. As I have stated before, he is in the perfect place for the system he runs. He got a huge boost in pay. He is almost two hours closer to his wife's family. Do not question a man until you've walked in his shoes. Do you really think that anyone who is not from here would have turned that job down?

What I would really like is for you not to answer this on this board. I would love to talk to you in a civil manner man-to-man. Seeing as how I don't know who you are ;) I would love for you to approach me and talk about this. Normally when I have a problem with someone I talk to them about it, not post on CoachT and hide behind a screen name.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard about all the commotion so I just had to check it out.

1. Coach Keil was NOT the first coach to ever make their players run for different reasons (mistakes, lost games, missed shots, missed practices, etc.). I can tell you this from past experience. (At least 4 of my former coaches did this.)

2. I believe that Lebanon lost the 30 point lead because Keil allowed other players (maybe 3rd or 4th string) to get some playing time. The Pioneers kept their starters in practically the entire game. With the exception of some back and forth subbing in the 4th quarter. And, I have to say that they kept fighting until the final buzzer sounded. Way to go Pioneers!

3. Were the freshmen really FORCED to play on all 3 teams? Didn't the parents have any say in this matter? I know of one player who skipped the freshman team altogether last year.

4. What is the problem with Assistant Coach Davis having a brother-in-law on the team? I thought the Head Coach was the one that made all decisions. I believe that Frank Wilson's son was on his team. I also believe that Andy Jacobs is the Athletic Director and his sister is the Girls Head Coach, while his cousin is the Freshman Boys Head Coach and Assistant Varsity Coach. Is this also a problem? Was Barry Bonds' dad not on the coaching staff of his team? Did Tubby Smith not coach his son at Kentucky? These are just a few examples from the top of my head. If the coach is doing his/her job, where is the problem?

5. From talking to other people, I have found that Coach Turner held tryouts at the beginning of the season. Therefore, he had the ability to form his own team, not use what he was "left with" as stated. No player should be thought of as a "left over." Could he not have hired an all-new coaching staff as well?

6. As to last night's game, why did the incident with the ball thrown onto the floor not result in a tecnical foul called? Have the rules changed?

7. Also, what happened to Glenn and Adcock? I didn't see either of them at the game.

8. Good Luck Pioneers for the rest of your season.

Hey musicman, im' gonna answer numbers 3 and 7 from your reply.

7. Glenn was kicked off the team for not showing up to practice on a lot more than one occasion. Brandon Adcock is extremely ill.

3.No...a parent didn't have a say in the matter. Coach Keil gave the players the choice of playing for him the following year or not playing the following year after the freshman season was complete. If the players agreed to this...they had to practice with the varsity for the remainder of the season. You might could say he sorta tricked 'em. I personally don't see ne thing wrong with this. I think it helped them a lot more than it hurt them. Oh yeah! also, the players had a choice of playing in the JV games they weren't forced although Coach Keil "strongly encouraged" them especially if they were.......good.

THIS NEXT PART IF FOR YOU WC PIONEERS. YES, COACH KEIL DID ASK/SCREAMED IF WE WERE SCARED OF BLACKS. AND HE DID USE THE F WORD. I DON'T FIND THE F WORD A BIG DEAL CAUSE I'M SURE ATLEAST 80% OR MORE OF COACHES HAVE USED IT. ALTHOUGH, I FOUND HIS QUESTION A BIT OFFENSIVE AND A BIT RIDICULOUS BUT I GUESS HE COULDN'T COME UP WITH ANY OTHER CONCLUSIONS OF WHY WE WERE LOSING. HE HAD TO GET US FIRED UP SOME HOW.

wc pioneers i think you're one of the few not living in a fantasy world... your statements are consistent with info i've gotten from people close with the program... and i commend you for removing the rose colored glasses and giving an honest opinion of the state of the wchs... however i must admit that you sound much closer than a financial supporter... and i am aware of the wcms team and thank you for not referring to that tourny as a state tourny as it is so often falsely called... as far as eagle, i don't have probs with family as long as it is handled right... i've heard both sides and don't have enough to feel strongly one way or the other... i did notice the kid didn't play much sat, so he must not show too much favoritism or that wouldn't have been the case... (by the way eagle take exemptions with the irs, take exception to criticism)... as far as sat night, i saw enough coaching decisions that were made that shouldn't have been and others that should have been but weren't to question the ability of turner whatever the talent level is or isn't... then again, that could be chalked up to inexperience...