gomab2

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's tough to say who I'd pick as a top three... It also depends on what you want as a shooter (ie make open shots, create own shot, get shot off quickly, etc)...

Brady Neal of Oakland may be the purest shooter when given any daylight at all. I don't know if the kid ever misses when open...

But, as for my top 3...

Courtney Pigram would have to be one, for a load of reasons. First off, not only is he a great shooter, but he can get his shot off against any defender, something he does better than any other candidate here. 2nd, Pigram has range to 25 feet... Thirdly, Pigram is pure off the dribble, the pass, and the fastbreak as well... Pigram all around is the best shooter in the State to me...

Joseph Bailey, Pickett Co is another pick for me. Bailey has such a pure stroke, and may be the best shooting Jr in the State...

Corey Pfleiger may be my third pick. Pfleiger is very reminicent of a right-handed Josh Goodwin, who now starts for Belmont. Pfleiger, too is consistent with a hand in face and from very deep...

Kellen Pickell is my third pick? I have to go with four. I can't narrow it to three. Pickell is 2nd in the group behind only Pigram in ability to get his shot off, which makes him essential to this list...

Noel Smith is very close. When given any room, Noel is going to knock it down, period... Dang, I forgot about Brent McPherson. McPherson has the DEEPEST range in the state... Brady Neal is right there. Mott's 10 threes put him in the 2nd tier elite group as well... That's a pretty darned good 2nd FOUR!!!

Edited by gomab2

aj1133, do you have anything else to say about other players from Cheatham??? Im not dissing you in anyway, trust me. Noel is a great shooter, he makes space for himself, and knows the game extremely well. Assists may be lacking a little, and defensive stats, but most likely due to size on the defensive end, and you have to shoot to score. I played with Noel, and know him very well, since he was in the fourth grade actually. But, there are other players from Cheatham ya know? I know you do, youre from here. Bowers is a great player on both ends. Lovell can shoot, and make plays for the cubs. Then Davidson has fast hands on D, and gets big rebounds on both ends. Also Moss and Garrison make big plays for Cheatham.

Hey playboy, this is a thread involving the best shooters in the state, iy has nothing to do wih who has great hands on D, or who their best rebounder is? I am a fan of every kid that plays for the Cubs, but this is a thread concerning the best shooters in the state and that is in my eyes Noel. If the thread read, "The Best Player at Getting deflections" then maybe I would suggest Chris Davidson and if you look under "Most Underrated Senior" you will find that Alex Bowers is there without question. Still, my vote for best shooter in the state is Noel Smith - if you do not agree Playboy nominate yourself or your brother, depending on who this may be.

Im not saying he isnt the best shooter, I completely agree. But in other threads its all Noel then too. I was just saying thats the only one you talk about. Lord knows either one of them are much better than me. Im not doubting Noel's talent at all, Ive played with him. But, I just feel that sometimes the supporting cast should get some credit, ya know? You oughta come down on Sundays. We miss you playing pick up.

-One Life-One Love-

I agree with aj on this one. Yes, the supporting cast for the Cubs in tremendous. Each one of them has done something to win games for the Cubs this year, BUT this is "the best shooter in the state" thread, not the best supporting cast in the state thread. Noel is by far the best shooter on that team, hands down, and needs to be mentioned as one of the best in the state. I'm sure aj is not "dissing" any of the other Cubs or "snubbing" them. The fact is, Noel is the best shooter.

Edited by scanooni22

Hands down to the both of you. Once again, I never said I didnt agree. Maybe I should have started a new thread. Sorry. Now the three of us know that, but, this Pickel player must be something special to be on top of this poll. I agree Noel is the most pure shooter I've seen since I've known the game of basketball.

-One Life-One Love-

It's tough to say who I'd pick as a top three... It also depends on what you want as a shooter (ie make open shots, create own shot, get shot off quickly, etc)...

Brady Neal of Oakland may be the purest shooter when given any daylight at all. I don't know if the kid ever misses when open...

But, as for my top 3...

Courtney Pigram would have to be one, for a load of reasons. First off, not only is he a great shooter, but he can get his shot off against any defender, something he does better than any other candidate here. 2nd, Pigram has range to 25 feet... Thirdly, Pigram is pure off the dribble, the pass, and the fastbreak as well... Pigram all around is the best shooter in the State to me...

Joseph Bailey, Pickett Co is another pick for me. Bailey has such a pure stroke, and may be the best shooting Jr in the State...

Corey Pfleiger may be my third pick. Pfleiger is very reminicent of a right-handed Josh Goodwin, who now starts for Belmont. Pfleiger, too is consistent with a hand in face and from very deep...

Kellen Pickell is my third pick? I have to go with four. I can't narrow it to three. Pickell is 2nd in the group behind only Pigram in ability to get his shot off, which makes him essential to this list...

Noel Smith is very close. When given any room, Noel is going to knock it down, period... Dang, I forgot about Brent McPherson. McPherson has the DEEPEST range in the state... Brady Neal is right there. Mott's 10 threes put him in the 2nd tier elite group as well... That's a pretty darned good 2nd FOUR!!!

Perhaps you forgot about any of NCS's shooters as well. No offense to McPherson whatsoever as he is a good shooter and overall player, but i believe at least 1 of ours is better. I could be wrong of course, but just check the midstate's 3 pt shots made list.... www.tennessean.com