DIV II Brackets Posted!

matfan

First off...Wingit, that is not only a cheap shot at Ronnie Carter and the TSSAA, but also a cheap shot at Simpson. Tell me, cause I would really like to know, how you "know" that this is what the TSSAA did. If you could tell me how you are so certain by giving me some proof, I will not get on here to call you out on this cheap shot. As for Simpson, you are giving him no credit in this situation. With his name, a three time place winner, 4th, 3rd, and a FIRST place (over last years champ who happened to beat Geismer in the finals). Also having the record of 3-1 vs Geismer, 1 being by tech fall if i was told correctly. Obviously he is the best here with results. So I don't want to hear any of this bashing on the TSSAA and inadvertanly simpson.

Next, Bob...I think we all need to get over this seeding thing. As mentioned ealier, to be the best you have to beat the best. If you think your kid deserves a better seed, let him wrestle and show everyone. In other words, if you are upset at what you think is a mistake in the rules, just go back to the sport. its wrestling for crying out loud. Let's just wrestle here!!! On the mat you can't tell me that with a front head lock you might not make it extra tight in an effort to break the opponent physically by giving him a little less air to breathe. It is a rule though that you can't choke someone isn't it. Controversial rules is all a part of the sport unfortunately. No need to get all up and tight over some rules here. People have interpreted this rule differently. Again, let's just wrestle. And good luck to all the kids wrestling in the next few weekends.

fat man

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fat man

First of all this wasn't meant to be a cheap shot at William, Frank or any of the Simpson's. They are all GREAT folks and I have tremendous respect for all of them. Also, I am aware of Williams ability and record. Personally I think he his the best wrestler in this class. Actually, if I was in Franks shoes, I would do the same thing.

What I mean by the same thing is; there was an article in the Chattanooga paper about this very issue. It quoted Frank as saying he called the TSSAA and expressed concern about Young's No.1 seed. Shortly after, the seed was changed.

My guess is that Connell has called and his voice has fallen on deaf ears.

My whole problem is that this is pure politics in action. If you think that this is not the case, you must have your head in the sand.

In that article Mike Parker is quote as saying that there is consistency in the brackets. If this is the case, why is 103 and 119 seeded different when the situations are exactly the same.

I will leave this alone now, it's time to wrestle.

Good luck to all.