DIV II Brackets Posted!

matfan

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are the guidlines directly from the Wrestling Handbook at TSSAA.org.

Section V E. Wrestlers who meet the qualification shall be placed in each weight division in the state tournament. The criteria for placing shall be as follows:

1. Head-to-Head Competition during the regular season.

(a)If two oppenents have wrestled each other, the wrestler with more wins against the other will be the higher seed.

(b)If two opponents have the same number of wins against each other, the wrestler with the most recent win will be the higher seed. (Young defeated Geismar last)

2.Returning state champion from the previous year. In the case that more than one state champion is in the same weight class, the wrestler from the higher weightclass will be the higher seed. (Irrelevant here except...)

3.Follow the same procedure as #2 for 2nd place from previous year, 3rd place,...

so 1b should be adjusted to read; the wrestler with the most recent win in head to head, unless.....................there is a returning state placer who was has not wrestled a higher seed but was beaten by someone else and we need to invoke rule 2 as the number one criteria. what a joke!

good point bobjones1983. :(

usfjim-

Why do you choose to ignore #3? This prevents Young from being seeded ahead of Simpson.

Edited by mtnrasslin

BobJones1983,

Your Connell, Stark, Kranske example is not the same...they were all medalists.

I still think my example of Keppy is more in tune as to why they seeded Simpson higher this year...relevant to past medal performances.

Young has not placed at state, so he cannot be seeded above Simpson. I guess we will have to agree to disagree on the interpretation of the ruling.

matfan-

Once again your comments have error. Stark was not a returning medalist here is Stark's bracket from 2002...

http://www.tssaa.org/2001Champions/StateWr...isionII/140.htm

These are the guidlines directly from the Wrestling Handbook at TSSAA.org.

Section V E. Wrestlers who meet the qualification shall be placed in each weight division in the state tournament. The criteria for placing shall be as follows:

1. Head-to-Head Competition during the regular season.

(a)If two oppenents have wrestled each other, the wrestler with more wins against the other will be the higher seed.

(b)If two opponents have the same number of wins against each other, the wrestler with the most recent win will be the higher seed. (Young defeated Geismar last)

2.Returning state champion from the previous year. In the case that more than one state champion is in the same weight class, the wrestler from the higher weightclass will be the higher seed. (Irrelevant here except...)

3.Follow the same procedure as #2 for 2nd place from previous year, 3rd place,...

so 1b should be adjusted to read; the wrestler with the most recent win in head to head, unless.....................there is a returning state placer who was has not wrestled a higher seed but was beaten by someone else and we need to invoke rule 2 as the number one criteria. what a joke!

good point bobjones1983. ;)

usfjim-

Why do you choose to ignore #3? This prevents Young from being seeded ahead of Simpson.

mtnrasslin-

Do you not understand that the ORDER OF CRITERIA = ORDER OF SEEDING. Young draws his #1 seed from the first criteria! Geismar and Simpson draw there 2 / 3 seeds from a combination of the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th criteria in that order!

Keep working Bob. Maybe you'll win an argument you have already lost.

That was an intelligent response. I am still waiting on some valid fact-based evidence to support you and the rest of the Baylor crowd's stance on this issue. But it is funny how you can't find any cause it is not there! Don't resort to meager childish respones such as your latter.

Sly - For many high schoolers, sports serve as a stabilizing force during those turbulant times. How many of us old farts look back at our youth and credit sports for keeping us off the streets and out of trouble? The TSSAA created transfer rules that make athletes ineligable to discourage them from moving between schools. Was this in the best interest of the athlete? No, it was done to appease the coaches/administrators who didn't want the atletes to have the option of changing. Wouldn't you love it if your business could penalize your customers if they became dissatisfied with your company and wanted to change to a different company? Sounds like socalism to me. I have no clue of the circumstances surrounding Mr. Lane, but there has to be plenty of examples of young folks who were declared ineligable when changing schools and as a result dropped out of sports, lost interest in school, and ended up on the wrong path. I hope that is not his case.

Very good points!!

soms

Very interesting comments so far about 119 lbs. Boby Jones or (Mr. Young) or whoever you are. Don't worry to much. If Young is as good as you guys say he is, then why care where they seed him. If he is the best he will win! Why so much anger about something that doesn't really matter. Isn't Young in the same bracket with Geismer? The kid he already beat! If I were you I would be thankful the brackets fell the way they did.

Very interesting comments so far about 119 lbs. Boby Jones or (Mr. Young) or whoever you are. Don't worry to much. If Young is as good as you guys say he is, then why care where they seed him. If he is the best he will win! Why so much anger about something that doesn't really matter. Isn't Young in the same bracket with Geismer? The kid he already beat! If I were you I would be thankful the brackets fell the way they did.

I have been guessed as Coach Connell and now Mr. Young. Wow, well you are wrong again but I compliment your guessing efforts. I know little Will and Joe's daddy too. And I know that he would have no clue where to find all the information and supporting evidence and reasoning that I have presented. This is true though if he is the best he will win. All that I have been trying to do on this thread is argue that the seedings are not consistent of years past without a change in the criteria.