DIV II Brackets Posted!

matfan

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It just caught my eye that it was listed in DII. I had heard that he was back at Baylor. I enjoyed watching him wrestle.

RMC-

I wish he was at Baylor. He is a good kid who had a problem or two and he decided to go to Bradley. I hate to hear that he is out of school. I hope things work out for him.

Oh yeah, I too enjoyed watching him wrestle.

Sly - For many high schoolers, sports serve as a stabilizing force during those turbulant times. How many of us old farts look back at our youth and credit sports for keeping us off the streets and out of trouble? The TSSAA created transfer rules that make athletes ineligable to discourage them from moving between schools. Was this in the best interest of the athlete? No, it was done to appease the coaches/administrators who didn't want the atletes to have the option of changing. Wouldn't you love it if your business could penalize your customers if they became dissatisfied with your company and wanted to change to a different company? Sounds like socalism to me. I have no clue of the circumstances surrounding Mr. Lane, but there has to be plenty of examples of young folks who were declared ineligable when changing schools and as a result dropped out of sports, lost interest in school, and ended up on the wrong path. I hope that is not his case.

Man what a match at 152 with Manley and Marable, this should get very interesting. I am going to throw out that it will be Marable by 2. I saw someone say that Manley is better on his feet than Marable and I just find it hard to believe. As far as a "finishing move", it is true that Marable hasn't pinned everyone he has wrestled but he is more than capable of putting someone away when it is time. However, a lot of time Nick seems to have been more comfortable going takedowns and seemingly working on his stats. I am looking forward to this match but I think it will be Nick that comes out on top and loses that title of best wrestler not to win a state championship.

Which McCallie wrestler would have the best chance to beat Marable this time around, Scott or Manley?

Texas23, Thats a very good question. Last year Scott beat Marable I think. I don't think Manley and Marable have ever wrestled. This is another year however and Im sure there are a few McCallie fans who have an opinion on this. I've been told that the DII 152 is the more difficult weight class this year than the 160.

I noticed at 119 they changed the brackets. If Head-to-Head is the first criteria, how is Simpson seeded over Geismar. Last time they wrestled, besides the Duals, Geimar beat Simpson. I know that Simpson beat Geismar in the Duals but it is my understanding that the Duals don't count. Does anyone know for sure how this works. If this stands at 119, it looks like some others would have to change as well.