DIV II Brackets Posted!

matfan

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll get to sit back and relax  now in state. AND WATCH YOUR HARD WORK PRODUCE THE FRUITS OF AT LEAST THREE STATE CHAMPS AND SAINT AND THE TWO BROTHERS WILL LIKELY BE THE FIRST THREE.

SOMS

Appears that SOMS has made his prediction.

It's not Scott this year? I'll have to divert my attention to D2 even with Bond Davis and hopefully my Spencer in the finals,,, NOT :lol: . What weight is your Spencer going this time around?

soms

]

Okay, Scott goes 160 and Manley now at 52. Should be interesting. It will come down to the ol saying "who wants it most" + Spencer's physical strength against Nick's tremendous skill.

I would say that they are both physically strong specimens. But Manley's technique, especially on his feet, far exceeds Marable's. Marable has a lot of heart. But Manley is a much better folkstyle wrestler. It will be a good match definitely worth the price of admission, my prediction is Manley by 4 and maybe even a pin if he can get one of his knockout moves. Which is another quality that Marable does not have (one finishing move).

Bobjones, I would have to disagree with you on the possible pin. Manley is good, but Nick has not been pinned since his freshman year in the state tourney. Since then he has wrestled Raymond Dunning and Keller, nothing against Manley, but I would say that a pin is out of the question. As for a finishing move, I have seen Nick pull out various finishing moves, he has worked hard and increased his range. I believe the finals match will be a great one, either way, but Nick will come out on top.

As a BIG BLUE fan and follower of the program Im looking for McCallie to win it all. And What a team player Spencer is to go at 152! He could wrap up a sure state title at 45 or 60 but is looking forward to the challenge with Marable Im sure. Should be the match of the tournament. Scott should win his 4th. Cleveland will get a title, and Blair will grab another. Good luck to all and go Blue!

Manley must be the better bet to create the best match ups at 152, even with Scott prevailing last year against Marable. I wonder if Manley and Scott wrestled each other 10 times, who would prevail? That would be an interesting match.