Perry County

fhslions

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can confirm that Louis was eligible and did play tonight. It is correct that Louis was held held during the investigation so the games would count if he was ruled unable to play. A letter was sent in November confirming he was eligible and it was a request from Wayne County that resultied in the review of his eligibility. I agree that if there is some question, it should be checked out. Why it took so long is what I don't understand. We never did hear what was at issue. I guess if you have declared him eligible and then there is a question, you surely don't want to err twice. Turns out that what most of us believed to be true was true. He is eligible. If he wasn't, the qualifications would need some overhauling. His school and other factors are a lot better at PC than his alternatives. I realize that what is best for a young person isn't always the way it turns out when you have the "greater good" to manage.

This should answer the questions that I saw posted except the best player question. Truth is, we don't have a best player this year. It took us a while to adjust to this fact when you had a Chase Richardson for 2 years. That is why we started out so slowly at 3 and 7. But we are OK now. We are not going to blow away very many people but we are going to scrap, hustle and make you beat us playing as a team.

Good luck PC in the rest of the District Tournament.

YEAH i see that happening Coach Franks calling Ellison pleading him to call TSSAA for him. Coach Franks has better things to deal with than wondering if THE SPANIARD is going to be eligible. Who cares if he plays he should i wouldnt want anybody to beat Perry Co in the tournaments and them be able to say "if we had Luis it would be different" So i highly doubt that Wayne Co pleaded with a 135 year old man to call TSSAA. Shut up about it he is eligible I dont know what they did but they got it done so drop it and just play.

Wayne Co called us and asked us to call the TSSAA to turn PC in. But we told them no. I know this for a fact because our coaches told all us bout it at practice that day they called.

Hey, riverratbasketball,

Did it ever dawn on you that your coaching staff (Ellison, Clark, and "Van Gundy" Skelton) could ever lie to you to motivate you and try to get your team to play above your potential? I am sure if you check your coaches' past, you will find they have not been totally up front about everything they have done so far in their coaching careers. I hope you guys enjoy watching the rest of the tournament and root for your fellow Wayne County athletes to succeed. They have a great chance to carry the "Wayne County Atheltic Banner" very far into the post-season in boys basketball this year, just as they did in football this past fall!

GO ND IRISH! ;);)