1A

CoachLogan74

I don't think greenback has the depth to go all the way, but I suspect they will play the spoiler in their district, and could put a few suprises on teams this year.

If they stay healthy--- they could have a solid season.

Pitching seems to be good, a few questions in the field---

helton, mckee- as solid a left side infield as anyone could want

disney behind the dish- good arm, catches a decent game

bats will be the big X factor for them I think

Hey NOLE how are things in G-Vegas. Yeah, I feel that Greenback will take home the district title this year and put up some suprise victories this season however, the state run goes through Rockwood and I don't think Greenback can get over the hump they have battled for the past couple of years....Hey NOLE, I still can't do that stupid ball trick you showed me. Best of luck to G-Nation this season.

Edited by honeydip02

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

practice grasshopper, practice!

G-vegas is all it is cracked up to be- Greenback.

Watched the GB/Tellico scrimmage last night-

there are a few holes, but we looked pretty darn good late in the game

a few kids suprised me- Moore in CF looked decent, but he still gets frustrated at the plate

McClurg pitched solid innings, Disney caught a decent game

but the road to the ring goes through Rockwood, and it is a tough trip!

How have you been NOLE??? I wish I could come back for another season (I hate that graduation rule!!!) My girlfriend says "HI" if you've figured out who I am yet...and yes, we could trade for a week or two..haha. Do you still do any work for those lovely ladies @ UT??? Teach those guys about that standing green(I read your other posts(I tended to do that anyways)) Who is coaching G-Vegas this year...same as last???? Well, I'll drop you a few lines when I agree with you "coach".. Later

yeah- tell her whenever she wants we can swap!

As for coaching- it is the same.

I'm doing alot of sports performace training- helping athletes get bigger/faster/stronger.

I was hoping to get back into playing, but the shoulder is still jacked. I needed a cut off man to throw from home to the pitcher......

looks like I may need a surgery!

How's things with you? Staying out of trouble......

OK i guess my mind doesn't function right during baseball season. It takes me a little longer to figure stuff out. But I finnally got it. Man thats sad i didn't know who this was. Are you comin to pracitce today, or takin the day off. We aren't intersquading today becuase alot of the younger kids and even myself and Cod need to work on some basic stuff that we haven't went over yet. We'll be fine once we have an outfield in a few weeks, but it will be a big relief to get basketball players back.

Hack#3

yeah- tell her whenever she wants we can swap!

As for coaching- it is the same.

I'm doing alot of sports performace training- helping athletes get bigger/faster/stronger.

I was hoping to get back into playing, but the shoulder is still jacked. I needed a cut off man to throw from home to the pitcher......

looks like I may need a surgery!

How's things with you? Staying out of trouble......

That's cool...

Yeah, I was thinking about doing athletic training or sports medicine. I hope to get back into things as well but, like yourself, I have a shotty shoulder!!! Well, take care of that shoulder man. I may drop in for a game or two... see if you've taught them anything. (how does it go again... top of fist, middle & index finger, then pinkie & index finger???) haha Later

no, I have yet to teach the team the ball trick this season, but we are just getting started.....

will be good to see you come back-

perhaps we should talk coach into putting togther a starter vs. alum/coaches game-

might be good fun.

We should have a good squad like Hack keeps suggesting- and remember the hoops kids aren't done (yet) so when they get there it might be a different ball game all togther.

Edited by NOLE

I hope a good squad comes out of there....I would love to see a shift in interest reguarding sports at Greenback. I could care less if they win a game all season as long as they beat Rockwood in the region tourny and get "that " monkey of their back. Good luck with getting back into baseball!!!! I don't think those young pups could keep up with us "old folks."

From your utility infielder, ...........................

well as long as daddy bill is top dog, the focus of greenback interest will always be football-

it is a shame too because quietly there are a couple other sports that are becoming worthy of a bit more attention (womens hoops and baseball). But with a closed minded administrator at the helm--- g-vegas will remain a football society.

I thik the hurdle of rockwood is a big one, but this might be the squad to do it! with the basketball players in place this can be a good team!

Hey now there is no one I would rather go to Memphis with that Rockwood, it would just be nice to be the higher seed lol. I really can't wait to play you guys this year. Nole, I have the funniest thing to tell you. I will call you tom. where I can tell you cause it's "OUTSTANDING".

Hack#3