CAK @ Rockwood

CoachLogan74

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what do you think will happen on Tuesday when CAK visits Rockwood. Im sure the Tigers have revenge on their minds while the Warriors are flying high after absolutley demoralizing Cosby.

cak didn't demoralize The Eagles. The refs did.

I'll pick Rockwood at home. There might be a round 3 between

these two teams depending on how the region tournament shakes out.

Demoralized Cosby? Need I remind you of the stats of that game? Also, Cosby Demporalized CAK at Cosby, so no need in bragging. I say go Rockwood. Id rather see Cosby and Rockwood go to the region final as anyone and CAK can be home talking about how they "demoralized Cosby" one time in the entire series.

Rockwood by less than 10.

Also, Cosby Demporalized CAK at Cosby, so no need in bragging.

Wow, not sure what that is but it sounds bad. :justwrestle:

Actually cak was one of the 3 losses last year and also the 1st loss of the

year '01-'02. We haven't beat them at cak (except '01-'02 3A tourny).

So it's been a close series. Neither team has lost at home or won away

during the regular season but Cosby has two wins over cak in tournament play.

:ph34r: I have been following High School Basketball for the past 15 years in East TN. I pay particular attention to the Small Schools because I feel they are at an injustice when it come to recruiting. Several years ago I saw David Vespie light up WSCC at Roane State and Eric Coggins is playing well and making a name for himself in the collegiate ranks at Milligan. But If these two boys had been at a larger school they might have had an opportunity to play at a larger school where defense is lees the priority. Both of these outstanding shooters would have stood out as performers at the D-1 level as played at UT. There have been serveral Rivialry's come and Go in the past few years. Cosby and Alcoa, Hancock and Cosby. Oneida and Coalfield, Rockwood and Harriman. now it appears that CAK and Cosby are stepping up to provide some enjoyable contests.

If you have not had the opportunity to watch these two team play you really should. Unfortunately, I saw part of the game at CAK vs Cosby and It was clearly obvious what was going on. I felt sorry for the visiting team there because Michael Jordan himself could not overcome the obstacles that officiating played. It was one of the worst displays of officiating that I have witness since it was said that a coaches brother called a game at Hancock vs Rutledge. I don't believe that was the case but it was said to have been horrible too.

Also I have been present to hear some of the CAK fans and parents comments toward other teams. Looking down on thier fans. Their attitudes is not considerd "good Sportsmanship" just as the extreme of being to rowdy at games by other teams fans. Being from a christian school myself, I thought surely CAK would teach the principle that "all men are created equal". CAK parents, Quit trying to be so judgmental toward the other teams fans and enjoy the opportunity to see good basketball. After all, Isn't God the only one who should judge anyone

Very true ETHSATC...good post!!! I will have to say that the Cosby and CAK rivialry is becoming great entertainment:) I would have to take Rockwood @ home, CAK @ home, and Cosby @ home...For 1a sports, these places provide great atmosphere for basketball and these teams play great on their home court. I feel that Cosby will take their district due to homecourt advantage"Cosby always comes to play during the toury." Rockwood will take home their district and I think Cosby and Rockwood will meet for the region championship. CAK has a great team but, this season has shown that home court does make a difference. I wouldn't take CAK out of the title game but, as everyone knows, the road to the championship is a long one.

great post ETHSATC and welcome to CoachT.

I'll never forget some of the Alcoa vs Cosby games.

It would have been interesting reading some CoachT threads after those.

This is kind of off topic for this thread but isn't it interesting how these

internet chat boards are developing/ affecting high school rivalrys.

You being a long time high school fan like myself can appreciate how different

it is from even 5 years ago.

players talking about players, parents/players second guessing coaches.

It's fun to read other teams fans even talking trash to each other when they're

supposed to be on the same side.

Cosby has had a big target on our backs all year.

Everybody wants to beat the best. Every road game I've been

to has been "tough" but CAK was about the worst I've ever seen.

I'm proud of Eric and how well he is doing at college.

He's a fine young man on and off the basketball court.

I'm still picking Rockwood at home. I would be happy with a

Rockwood vs Cosby region championship game.