i wanna hear some opinons about 2 AA

michaelt35os

Heck, I hadn't looked at my schedule closely. After your post I did, and I'm surprised that we don't have you guys on it. Seems like some kind of county series with LC, Loudon, and Greenback playing each other would be a natural.

Maybe Buzz is avoiding you guys, since you took 2 of 3 from us last spring.

While I can't say I enjoyed losing to you folks last year, I was happy to see your program improving so much. Keep up the good work! And good luck this year.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys just wanted to give my opinion on this year's district predictions.

I think Kingston will win the district. Loudon and LC will battle it out for second and third. Not sure of OS's talent, but I know they are getting better every year. Look for them to push for that second or third spot also. A 4th place finish for them will not be out of the question. AC is always tough and won't let their season be a waste. Scott will be the sleeper in the district and might ruin someone's season.

I Know LC is not deep pitching but their top 3 and 4 can beat anyone if they get a little support in the field and at the plate. LC will struggle when they have played a few games in consecutive days. They should, however, be better than expected because of their new indoor facility. Look for them to go deep into their pitching rotation as the year progresses.

LC's new indoor facility won't make much of a difference. They won't be using it.

They've only got, if I count correctly, 14 open dates between the start of their schedule (last Monday) and the district tournament (May 8), including weekends. They have 39 games on their schedule between March 15 and May 6. That's 39 games in 48 days. Now, throw out 7 Sundays and that leaves 39 games in 41 days--with double-headers that means 7 open dates--meaning they only have 7 days (7 days!) for practices, whether indoors or outdoors.

By contrast, the Atlanta Braves play 42 games in the first 48 days of the season, if I'm reading the schedule correctly--6 open dates--only 3 more games than the Panthers.

A practice facility doesn't mean much if you don't have time to practice in it.

They are definitely over-scheduled and that's particularly tough when your pitching staff isn't real deep. "LC will struggle when they have played a few games in consecutive days"? LC's whole schedule is all about playing more than a few games on consecutive days.

So, barring rain-outs, and there may be a bunch of those, look for LC to wear out its pitching staff and hit the tournament tired--and finish in fourth or fifth place. Not that they don't have the talent to finish higher, just that they'll need some rain-outs to stay fresh and achieve more.

And that new practice facility just won't have any impact, without rain-outs.

Edited by LCborn

Guest boomer06

Well DJ so much for OS cause when they went to Loudon Thursday they got it handed to them Loudon even played really sloppy and came out on top 10 to 0 in 5 innings and Everett from Loudon had 13 k's in only 5 innings so i think the talent that Loudon has to work w/ will lead them back to being on top and winning the district championship but it will a tuff road ahead for the redskins but w/ Worley,Curtis ,Everett, and Queener leading them this year they should do very well.

LC's new indoor facility won't make much of a difference. They won't be using it.

They've only got, if I count correctly, 14 open dates between the start of their schedule (last Monday) and the district tournament (May 8), including weekends. They have 39 games on their schedule between March 15 and May 6. That's 39 games in 48 days. Now, throw out 7 Sundays and that leaves 39 games in 41 days--with double-headers that means 7 open dates--meaning they only have 7 days (7 days!) for practices, whether indoors or outdoors.

Sounds like Buzz is still trying to burn the kids out. When will he realize that these players are just kids. Let them take a breath every now and then..

For last year. The reason why LC won the district was they had some rain outs and they actually had a chance to rest. Then they were able to show what they could do when they werent worn out. Buzz needs to look at that and say that maybe he is working his kids too hard. If Buzz finally realizes this then LC will be true contender. The talent is there, it justs they are always too worn out...

For Loudon, they will be tough to beat this year. They are looking very solid.