Lipscomb @ Greenbrier

hsfball

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hsfball, i don't know where you got the idea they were related but i told you or your gal no way do they look the same. They are both short thats about as close to anything as they get in looks. and I guess we will just have to be that much more loud if they have our number in softball. Keep fedding it bogus because could use the motivation. Anyways back to basketball. Good Luck to all teams in 8AA.

CoachHard, as a Lipscomb fan, please accept our apology for the mixup on calling in the stats. It was by no means intended to hurt anyone's feelings. Even though we have many times where the home team did not call in the scores, we should not have assumed that you would not have done your job. Please extend our apologies to your scorekeeper.

Good job last night. Your guys didn't give up and fought hard. I agree with you, very inconsistent on the calls. Only two fouls first half, 6 or 7 fouls called in 3rd qtr, and who knows how many in 4th. Of course all the fouls called on my son were bad calls. JK. Good luck in the tournament.

khopkins....Thank you for your comments and apology. I also get aggravated when teams do not call in their games. It has been a point for us to make sure that all games are recorded with the Tennessean and coacht. It can not only be an injustice to your team, but to individual players as well, due to the fact that the stats are on the web page for scoring leaders and 3 point leaders.

You appear to be a true supporter of not just your son, but the entire Lipscomb program. I appreciate your attitude and sportsmanship you display in your post. Coach Pickens and his staff have done a great job in their first year. I understand they will be graduating some key seniors, including your son, but from what I saw from the JV game they should be stong again next year, especially with Brock being eligible.

Greenbrier will graduate only one senior this year. He was unable to play against Lipscomb Friday, his last home game, due to a reoccurring back injury. He is our best post defender and we are hopeful he will be able to return before tournament play. The rest of Greenbrier's team consist of juniors, sophomores, and freshman.

I want to comment on Greenbrier's point guard, Justin Dorris (junior). Justin was cut from the middle school team for being to small. He made the freshman team and has worked very hard to get where he is today. During a trip to Kentucky for camp his freshman year we stopped and ate at Shoneys in Franklin. The waitress ask Justin "are you the mascot or what"? I think this comment has been his biggest inspiration today. He played behind last years starting point guard, Roger Herndon, who opted not to play basketball this year to concentrate on his football career, in which he will have a very succesful one. This was Justin's chance to prove to everyone he could play at the varsity level. I think he has.

Justin has a great attitude and work ethic. He is always the first one to the gym and usually the last one to leave. He is by far our "most improved player". He has done a great job at the point guard position and is a major part of Greenbrier's success this year. He is well liked by his peers, his teammates, and his coaches. We are all very proud of what he has accomplished.

and oh yea almost forgot to all the cheerleaders out there from dl sorry that we are louder than yall and yall have to be babies and tell on us for getting our team pumped maybe yall should learn how to be loud so you didnt have to tell on those who know how to be! i didnt know we were still in elementray school!

It is too bad you had megaphones and were hitting them with what looked like a drum stick. That is classified just like a drum and is ILLEGAL. IT wasnt even the cheerleaders that made you get rid of them. If our students werent going to be able to use what you had then we sure werent going to let you guys use it. Lay off the cheerleaders and learn how to make noise w/o noisemakers. Maybe if you got the rest of that pathetic student section off their rear ends you wouldnt need megaphones etc. I bet you are one of those students that was out in the lobby after the game thinking it would be cute if you put a pizza box next to us and yelled bomb because we are the Bomb Squad. I dont know what that had to do with anything since 3's are bombs. Just because Mcpherson and Mantlo drain them all night doesnt mean you have to make ridiculous comments and then laugh like little girls. You should quit talking about elementary school.

Edited by hsfball

Guest CheeseWheelJunction21

the reason students shouldnt celebrate on the court is that their balls might fall off. now they run just as good a chance to losing their balls if they do celebrate so i guess in conclusion you should celebrate because either way you are going to lose your balls so why not lose them like a man and celebrate????

Hey, I made it hsfball. These Greenbrier fans remind me of a song i know , Cry Me A River.For some reason I have a feeling that those megaphones would have been fairly quiet during that 20 point deficit. Also, I have never seen so many people happy to lose a football game by 3 touchdowns. Yes ,Roger Herndon had a great night and is a great player , but he does'nt make up for the scoreboard. But for now the Stangs and Bomb Squad need to turn their attention toward Springfield.

GOOD LUCK STANGS!

AND YES THE BOMB SQUAD STILL OWNS YOU!

ok its abput time for me to jump in here!whoever says lipscomb recruits and all that garbage is way wrong why dont u go back and look at their starting five ALL of them have been there since at least middle school and most of them are lifers so i guess if they go and recruit them when they r playin kickball in elementary school then yes they all are recruited