best teams

gk88

lemmiwinkss,

Actually, i think that around 15 states play soccer during the spring.  Many states actually play in the winter as well.  Fall does have the most overall but it is not overwhelming.  Therefore, i don't think you can take away all of what Farragut earned last year.

15 is not the correct number. No one is saying Farragaut wasn't good last year, I'm just saying people toss around this #2 in the nation like it means alot, when in truth its not what they really think. That's the only point I was trying to get across.

By the way cut that language out or you will be receiving a red card from coachT himself lemmiwinkss !!!!

Edited by shs01

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However you gotta respect Lemmewinkss name... i mean c'mon after the journey he went through hes earned it... also best teams... McCallie and Baylor would make for an interesting matchup all season because they should be the best 2 teams in Chattanooga... and both should be top5 in the state

Dyersburg High School has a good chance to go to state this year...they're returning 8 starters .. they have an explosive offense ... tough defense and a brick wall for a goalie ... bartlett and cordova are down so look for dhs to run away with the region

Guest class
This is true....in most cases. Farragut finished number two in the nation last year and, in my opinion, were probably number one. They just seemed unbeatable in the state tournament. When you put a team like Farragut from last year against the 7th best team in the state, you are rarely goin to have a close game...in any case.

First of all, to be number one in the nation, you can't lose a game all year (like Bearden did). Second, Bearden was a better team than Farragut last year and it showed untill the ref gave the game away in OT by giving Farragut a PK. Fact is they weren't any better than Bearden so don't make it sound like noone had a chance against them.

Guest class
I dont see how bearden could be the better team last season if they lost three times to farragut.

well think about it, if Bearden would have won that game the series would have been 2-2 Bearden winning the last 2 times. My point is though they should not have been ranked #1 in the nation like you said b/c they lost a game

Edited by class

class- you are whining again just like your coach did after we beat you all. you lost 3-1 in the state final for the third time out of 4.that shows we were the better team. also i have a ring on my finger that says im a state champion of 2003. so get over the past, cause you sound like a little girl who wont shut up about that game. good luck to everyone this season.

Chunky is right Farragut did win, and it takes no Brainer to look on this CoachT website at the State Championship pictures and see that Coach T got the shot that shows it would have been a goal if the defender hadn't elbowed it out !Pictures don't lie , second , the score was 3-1 NOT 2-1 so the Pk helped but wasn't the final determining factor. Then when Bearden did win the one time the score was 2-1 and IT WAS A PK that won that match so THAT MATCH , so really they were both very good teams, and I traveled and went over there to see all the Farragut vs. Bearden games and Farragut was the better team!!!! GEORGIA is a supposed to be the best State of High School Spring Team Boys Soccer according to Student Sports and I understand Farragut demolished two top 10 teams from that state. last year(Correct me if I am wrong , but I'll check too) But, how many times can we replay last season, NONE< So ALL GET on to this season!!!! I still think Farragut is still the force to reckon with and could repeat. Science Hill is the one that will surprize people and with a fairly easily schedule could run the table until they play Farragut ( when is that game for sure?) I have been watching for the national Rankings but they haven't come out yet,(Anyone know when) I believe you will find Farragut, Christian Brothers, MUS , Knox Catholic and Science Hill right up there amoung the top 50. It will be a great year , so let's let go of the past and get ready to rumble in 2004 !!!!!!