Officials at State Tournament

yourworstnightmare

I hope it wont be Tim Able! He is an official that is there to be seen, not to see as officials are supposed to do. If he is there and you are leading a close match like 6-5 or 1-0 with 0.6 seconds left and in the neutral position after going out of bounds, dont back up or block a shot, he'll hit you for stalling! He could be a great official if he got off his ego trip! All others did an exceptional job at Dickson this weekend for the region 7 tournament.

How do they determine who will be officiating at State?

Each officials association's assigning officer sends in his recomendations for the state tournaments. They are ulitmately picked by Ronnie Carter from those recomendations.

In the past this is how things have worked....

Region 1 sends 2 officials and Region 8 sends 2.

The other send what seems to be a boatload to make up the rest.

Each officials association's assigning officer sends in his recomendations for the state tournaments. They are ulitmately picked by Ronnie Carter from those recomendations.

In the past this is how things have worked....

Region 1 sends 2 officials and Region 8 sends 2.

The other send what seems to be a boatload to make up the rest.

Not many are without the Mara's, Elsie's, Craft's, Gibson's, and there should be a Hodges and I would like to see some new talent in there like Steve Craig.

I watched closely at the officiating throughout the Region 5 tournament and I found it to be very consistent and fair. No obvious trends or problems with any officals. Having Mara's leadership along with the younger talent was healthy. Again, Steve Craig was excellent. He will be a top official in the near future.

Congrats to all officials who were at the Region 5 tourney!!

soms