Brentwood High Boys

sportsfanman

Big Jack, I'm not going to dispute your statement about Ravenwood's team. I heard about the incident with the Hillwood boy. However, you know what they say about paybacks............

The shot Welch put on the kid from Ravenwood was a textbook football kickout block (for all people of football knowledge). He lowered his shoulder, took his forearm, and leveled the Ravenwood boy as he was running down the court. I understand it was very clear on the film, both the coaches copy and the TV copy.

Mom, I understand about trying to take up for your boys, what mother wouldn't, but this was clearly a case of "cheap-shot-itis" at it's best form!!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, most of what has been happening is due to immense frustation. This has been one of the most disappointing years I have ever seen for Brentwood Basketball. They should have close to twenty wins and they won't even break even unless they turn things completely around in the tournaments.

Is coach King still there? He used to be great at getting the most out of his teams. He regularly beat teams with lots more talent. He was also a hoot to watch on the sideline.

Big Jack, I'm not going to dispute your statement about Ravenwood's team. I heard about the incident with the Hillwood boy. However, you know what they say about paybacks............

The shot Welch put on the kid from Ravenwood was a textbook football kickout block (for all people of football knowledge). He lowered his shoulder, took his forearm, and leveled the Ravenwood boy as he was running down the court. I understand it was very clear on the film, both the coaches copy and the TV copy.

Mom, I understand about trying to take up for your boys, what mother wouldn't, but this was clearly a case of "cheap-shot-itis" at it's best form!!

Sorry, sportsfanman, I still disagree with you. The foul Ian committed was not a cheap shot, he acted juvenile in retaliating against the Overton kid for his cheap shot when he pushed Ian from behind, but it was not a cheap shot. But, I do agree with you that Thomas' was a cheap shot.

Is coach King still there? He used to be great at getting the most out of his teams. He regularly beat teams with lots more talent. He was also a hoot to watch on the sideline.

No, Coach King decided to retire from coaching this year. I told him at the time that I would really miss watching him coach. He was undoubtedly one of the best coaches in Tennessee. As you said he won games time and again against teams with far superior talent.

Sorry Mom, I didn't realize you were talking about the kid in the Overton game. I was referring to the shot Welch did on Saturday night, it was awful. As for the one on Friday night, I only commented on the fact that by what you said in an earlier post about being hit in the face. I apologize, I never argue with a mother!! :lol:

I am not taking up for Brentwood , but Ravenwood is the cheap shot team of the league. They put Hillwood's best player out with a cheap intentional foul and he, from what I have heard is not back to normal yet. Let's get real - Ravenwood probably caused it, but Brentwood got caught. Everyone knows Ravenwood is the dirtiest team in the league! Ask the coaches of the opposing teams. ;)

Hey Big Jack. You obviously do no know enough about the Hillwood/RHS incident to voice an opinion. The player that was hurt on the intentional foul was flipped, unintentionally, because he jumped higher and the rhs player was much stronger, both trying to make a play. The player that was flipped was not hurt and walked away from the foul, shot his free throws, and continued to play. The star player for Hillwood was hurt in the game when he stepped on a player's foot and hurt his anlke/knee. It is a shame tho that he cannot play because he is a great player.