Unaka Rangers

creekercalhoun

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just guessing, of course, but I would say anything less than a trip back to Memphis would be considered a "bad" season.

When you have all of your pitching returning, all but 2 fielders returning and more players who coming out who wants a free trip to Memphis, they should be AWESOME.

I know Tee has worked hard in the off-season, so he will be a much improved pitcher, not just a thrower.

What does the line-up look like? I have an idea. Want to see if mine matches yours.

The baserunning better keep improving and those microscopic leads from first (Chad) better increase!

Hey OSUBrutus, I'm sure the baserunning wont be a problem this year with the catchers we'll be going against. But anyways, I agree with the statement about going back to Memphis. But there will be a tough road to hoe. (Rockwood, Powell Valley, and CAK) I also think our pitching will be pretty awesome and our defense will be incredible too. What do you think our hitting will look like? I dont really know but we better hit the ball if we're going to go anywhere.

My projected line-up (without seeing any new people or anyone's improvement) would be:

1. Lewis SS

2. Blevins 3B

3. Chambers 1B

4. Huskins C

5. Swearingen P

6. McInturff RF

7. Collins LF

8. McCann CF

9. Carpenter 2B

With rotations of these players at a position or DH: Pasqualie & Bowers

If I've missed someone, remember I'm old. This is just off of the top of my head. They have plenty of good players which should lead to some good competition.

Chambers will definately play second base and Squale will play 1B! Thats my predictions. I dont think Carpenter is ready for the 2B position at the Varsity level.

Carpenter is a great fielder with a lot of range. He led the middle school team in hitting as a 7th grader, not sure about last year. He has grown and he will put the ball in play.

I, also, understand about guys paying their dues for playing time. I just think they should earn it, instead of them playing just because they are upperclassmen. (A few other area teams do not always play the best players),. Of course, you don't have to worry about that with Coach Ensor.

Good luck! I'll be seeing you guys, soon. Just because I'm gone doesn't mean I won't help out some.

Good luck Rangers! You guys should be tough. I know Chambers and Swearingen are top notch players.

If any of you Ranger fans know Swearingen tell him I would like my ET Copperheads uniforms back. Also I hope he don't bail out on you guys like he did on us when things got a little tough on him. He's a good player, but he has some liabilities that could prevent him from being a great player.

Again, good luck on your season we'll see you guys at the Washington Co. tourney.