Lady Blazers

Jeff428

Look out Goliath, Here comes David

I guess if your not from middle Tenn. then your Basketball program is not worthy of any recognition from anyone. Having said that let me tell you about a group of girls who believe in themselves. It's the same group of girls who stood toe to toe with Oak Ridge on their home floor nearly one year ago and lost by 16 points. In a hard fought Sub-State game. We lost to Oak Ridge in the 2nd quarter, but played even in the other three and yes you have to play an entire game to win. This years starters save one is last years bench. These Girls play as a TEAM not egotistical individuals. There are those who say we play a weak schedule. Maybe so.There are those who say were lucky to be ranked in the state. I disagree. These kids have worked hard. As hard as any team out there.

Remember any team can win on any given night. Ask the Tennessee High players and Coach if you don't believe me. We call it DESIRE and HEART. I'm sure there are going to be some of you who will have alot to say about this post while others will just blow it off. But remember you heard it here first.

GO BOONE

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt Boone is one of East Tennessee's best teams. They beat us(Elizabethton) and beat Tennessee High once. They play team ball, are well coached, and play outstanding defense. They also have good depth. What is hard to guage, is how weak is their conference? I also know single A Cloudland played them tough recently. District 2 AAA has three good teams(Greeneville, Morristown West, and Jefferson County). If East Tennessee's talent level is better than the rest of the state thinks then Boone could possibly reach the state. If not, they may have trouble escaping the region. Good team, and congratulations on a great season. I personally hope you make the state and show the rest of the state we can play in upper East Tennessee!

Boone has had a unexpectedly great season. I don't think anyone thought they were going to be as good as they are. Don't count them out against Greeneville, Morristown West and Jefferson County. I believe they can take the region again. They play great team ball and believe in themselves....a tough combination. Good luck in the conference tournament and in the region!!!!

I hate to disagree, but Boone is one of the most overrated teams I have seen all year. I have watched the Blazers play four times this year. Three of those, they struggled against inferior opponents. Let's get real - #6 in the state? 2 1st place votes? What a joke! IF they make it out of the region, there are 6 teams in the Knoxville area alone that would destroy Boone. Heritage, Powell, Oak Ridge, and others are heads and toes above Boone. I've seen AA teams play this year that are better. We'll see what happens in the substate!

I hate to disagree, but Boone is one of the most overrated teams I have seen all year. I have watched the Blazers play four times this year. Three of those, they struggled against inferior opponents. Let's get real - #6 in the state? 2 1st place votes? What a joke! IF they make it out of the region, there are 6 teams in the Knoxville area alone that would destroy Boone. Heritage, Powell, Oak Ridge, and others are heads and toes above Boone. I've seen AA teams play this year that are better. We'll see what happens in the substate!

Boone is not overrated! What you don't understand is that when Boone plays an "inferior" team, Coach Campbell plays ALL of his players. He even starts Freshmen and girls that do not even play in the big games. He did this when we played Cloudland He started 2 of his regular starters with 3 people who probably don't average 2 minutes a game. He then subs in his other 3 starters with the other 2 people who don't play. He subs freely even with a lead as low as 10 points. He feels that this is the way to develop his younger players. The starters usually don't even play int he 3rd and 4th quarters when the lead is 20 or more!No, we do not beat people by 30 or 40 or even 51 points usually. But, does it really mean anything to beat another team by that many points and run them in the ground. He gives his younger players alot of playing time in those games, but when the big games roll around....we will be there! And next year our young players will have the experience to play!

Being all warm and cozy with the team stuff is fine, and yes you can go 24-1 by playing as a team IF YOU PLAY THE WEAK SCHEDULE THAT BOONE PLAYED.

Boone beat one team with any talent this year and that is Tennessee High, which is as poorly coached as Boone is well-coached. Boone won that game on teamwork and coaching. The other time they played, Tennessee High's talent overcame their coaching.

Boone couldn't even hold the sports bras of any of the top six teams in the Knoxville area. Coach Campbell knows that and that's why he didn't dare schedule them. He's hoping his team can get to the region final, which is doubtful because Greeneville and Jefferson County and Tennessee High will get in their way, and then he hopes for a substate miracle, which ain't gonna happen.

And Campbell knows his team is inferior to Unicoi County, which is why he scheduled weak Elizabethton instead of UC. Pad that record and then scream how great you are.

And for the morons who are voting Boone number one in the state, they need to get off of Campbell's brownose train. Voting Boone number one in the state would be about like saying Johnson County's girls are a top ten team. what a joke.

Just admit it, Boone is a paper tower, just waiting to get stomped on.

A Daniel Boone education is about on par with that from Stoney Creek High School, alias Unaka.

Top 10 senior year classes at Boone.

1. Advanced dwarf sledding.

2. Cow chip sculpting.

3. Farmer Brown's Oat Making.

4. Making Straight Corn Rows III.

5. Fixin' A Tractor.

6. Hay Bales 101.

7. Picking the right Hoe.

8. Picking the right Ho.

9. Burger Flipping 101.

10. Burger Flipper Understudy.

Huck....Okay, lets get this straight. You only respect teams that have been to the state in the past....more than once. Personally, I respect all the teams that get out there and play hard and work hard whether they win or lose. There are alot of teams that never make it to the state that deserve respect....alot of players that will never make Miss Basketball that deserve respect. These are the girls that work hard and should be respected for the success that they earn.

I'm glad to see such a good responce to this topic. That means that you are paying attention to what's going on. You know we played UC in the summer league the last couple of years and beat them quite handily. UCDADDY you have a right to feel about your team as strongly as you do they are a great bunch of kids. I have watched most of them play the last few years in the AAU & summer league's. There is a great wealth of talent in upper north east tenn. Unfortunately some of it is lost on programs and coaches who don't have a clue.

My whole point is what a great opportunity to be in the position the Lady Blazers are in. And as I said before any team can be beaten on any given night. I believe in the Lady Blazers. I think this team has the opportunity to go as far as their belief in themselves will allow.

I BELIEVE

GO BOONE