Nashville Middle School Boys Tourney

cobrafan90

Tonight at Dalewood Middleschool

Gra-Mar vs. JFK @ 5:45p

JT Moore vs. Litton 8:15p

Gra-Mar was the Eastern Division Champs(very good team, i've seen them play) They feed Maplewood.

JFK (western division runner-up) Feeds Antioch. They won it last yr.

JT Moore(western division champs) Feeds Hillsboro. They also won the city in football.

Litton(eastern division runner-up) They feed Stratford.

I'll post results tomorrow.

The championship game will be Friday @ 7pm.

Congratulations to Gra-Mar Gladiators for their fine season and winning 1st Place in the City of Nashville. Coach Casey Smith is an excellent coach, teacher and motivator of young men. Their track team won the City Championship last year and their football program has won their division 2 out of the last 3 years. Go Gladiators!

Gra-Mar was the Eastern Division Champs(very good team, i've seen them play)  They feed Maplewood.

JFK (western division runner-up)  Feeds Antioch.  They won it last yr.

JT Moore(western division champs)  Feeds Hillsboro.  They also won the city in football. 

Litton(eastern division runner-up)  They feed Stratford.

Yea maybe, but what about all the private school vultures and their B.S., lies, and promises that are seeking these kids. There could have been a private school meeting during this tournament with all the scumbags in attendance. :lol:

Private School Coaches were definitely in attendance. They had notepads taking notes and scouting players.

Gra Mar has at least two kids that they are going after real hard.

I was at the Gra-Mar - JFK game. Gra-Mar absolutely destroyed JFK. Gra-Mar won like they won all year with the PRESS. Gra-Mar's advantage lies in the fact that they had big men who wer athletic and coordinated. They could dribble and shoot. I was impressed. GraMar's main guy 6'3" kid repeatedly took JFK's big man 6'5". Gra Mar just had too many weapons too much heart and hustle. Every player could dribble making it impossible to press them. They made the extra pass. They never argued with officials. They were well coached. A guy at the game was talking about how he coaches most of Gra-Mar's boys in AAU. He tried to take all of the credit. But i still give credit to Gra-Mar's coaches. They kept GraMar focused and hungry.

Way to go Gra-Mar.

middlecoach,

that was his point. he was bragging about the reason for gramar's success was him. i don't care how much aau those guys play. the coach's still had to manage the season. aau may help the kids individually. but the coach still managed the group collectively.

i feel gramars coachs did an outstanding job!

and like you i wasn't able to go to the championship game. from what i can gather though, litton wasn't that impressive. JT moore destroyed them. gramar dusted them off by 20 in the eastern championship. JT moore probably like most teams this yr, tried to run with gra-mar and it backfired. gra-mar was just too deep and talented this year. i don't think they lost one game(in metro) all yr(except for a Christmas tourney at Brentwood Academy).