Mt.Pleasant vs. Frank Hughes

walmart01

What do some of yall think about this game?

I believe the Tigers will step it up a notch during the tourny and have a strong showing versus Clifton. I think Mp has the most talent in the district. If they come ready to play in this tournament they can win it all. In tournament time you have to play 4 quarters, something they have struggled with this year. But with a strong showing against Perry County i believe they are ready for the tournament. Looking to see some monsterous dunks by J Webster. Mp-66 FH-50

Looks to be a good game. If Frank Hughes comes out and plays like they did against Wayne County, when we played them at their house, they will be a very dangerous team to have to play in the Tournament, that's for sure. If they don't come out ready to play, the Websters will run wild all over them.

I'd like to see Clifton pull out a win. Mt. Pleasant still being ranked in the top five in the state is crazy since they can't even be the best in their own District and Region.

Everybody needs to get over rankings...they mean nothing...Most of these small towns don't even have a newspaper to vote for them..the ones that get coverage get votes..Don't hold ranking against a team..they don't vote..As far as Mt Pleasant goes...some of the problem may be worrying too much about setting up those pretty dunks...Jamarcus can shoot the ball too..very well in fact...bring him outside once in a while and open up the offense...

Dweeb i think Mp would love to swap that ranking with you. I don't think they pay any attention to it now. Ever since the rankings come out a month ago, Mp has been kinda sluggish and i think the pressure of having that ranking has had a lot to do with it. It may be best that Wayne Co. is not in the rankings cause its more pressure and it can give you the big head. Rankings mean nothing, they just sell papers.

i can say that by far mp is the most athletic team in the district. if u took the fhs' talent with mp's athleticism + j. webster's awesome dunking abiblity you will have an awesome team.

i think that the outcome of this game depends mostly on rebounds. i know that when fhs went to clifton that mp would out rebound them 3 to 1 or more. mp arent the best shooters in the district but they will eventually get points if they have 2-4 chances to score every possesion with fhs only gettin one shot per possesion. those twins are awesome at pullin down those boards.

my prediction: fhs breaks out into a 15+ point lead in the first half but will be close game int he second half (lack of athleticism kills fhs). fhs wins by 6.

anyone agree?