11A Tournament in Unionville

supaballa

This should be a real doozy of a tournament. Who does everyone see coming out on top? Who does the bracket favor? Will homecourt help Community?

Eagleville vs. Culleoka---Eagleville should win

Cascade vs. Forrest---Cascade should win, they were a good tourney team last year. If Forrest is on, especially Knight, then they could pull the upset.

Moore Co. vs. Eagleville---Eagleville has given MC two tough games this year. How close it is will depend on Karper's shooting and MC's rebounding.

Richland vs. Cornersville---probably the biggest first round tossup, I see Cornersville winning a close one, but just depends on who shows up ready.

Huntland vs. Community---Huntland really got shafted with this game. They lost home court, then have to play the new home team. Huntland should obviously win, but they are usually not the best postseason team. If they come in focused, they could win it all, but if not they could lose their first game.

Cascade vs. Huntland---I'm going with Cascade big. Cowley just plays so loose, and they are closer to home.

Moore Co. vs. Cornersville---Moore Co. will win by at least 10 or so. They dominated at Cornersville in their last matchup. MC has the best spot in the bracket.

Huntland vs. Cornersville---Huntland should at least finish third with this win. They are too talented not to.

Moore Co. vs. Cascade---The teams split during the regular season, playing two very tight games. This one shouldn't be any different. Cascade has the difference maker in Cowley, but MC has the tradition and experience. Cascade probably wins it.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, you usually do know 3Awarrior. Most years, you can hang your hat on Moore Co. and sometimes Forrest. This is the most balanced 11A district in a really long time, though. Usually, there is the top team and then maybe two others that fight for second. Moore Co., Huntland, Cascade, Richland, and Cornersville all sat atop the district standings at one point this season. All of these teams had tough games or losses against Eagleville, Community, Forrest, and even Culleoka.

The mentally tough teams usually do prevail in the tourney, those with experience, support, and confidence. A tough regular season schedule helps, also. I don't think it is any coincidence that the same few teams are usually in the mix every single season. The gap between the top and the bottom is getting narrower every year, however. It will be interesting to see if the other teams can hang with Moore Co. and Forrest the next 4-5 years. Both have terrific young talent, and I believe they'll be the dominating forces not only in 11A, but the midstate in single A since the privates will be bumped after next season.

It Will be Moore County vs. Cascade in the finals. Community might get to the consulation game just because its at Community. MC will win another D11A tourny to go along with the regular season Title.

Wasn't this suppose to be a "Rebuilding Year"

LMAO, NEVER underestimate the power of the Raiderettes, Winning is in there blood they will win no matter what. When we lost Miss Basketball Janet Holt and alot of starter what did we do we just kept beating everybody in the District. When we lost Miss Basketball Nominie Abby Fanning everybody thought it was gonna be a rough year in the District, Well we are #1 again and have beat every team in the District again.

I hope Huntland makes everyone eats their words and steps up. I know I am bitter about having to travel for yet another year and they should be as well. They were looking so forward to hosting and it has been taken away so I hope their illwill shows on the court and they kick some tail. Go Lady Hornets.

Oh and Unionvegas- the last time we met your team they only scored 19 points. The game we won over there by 1 was right after X-mas when we hadn't played in 3 weeks. I'll take a victory tomorrow night either way- by 1 or by however many.

I know I picked Huntland and I stick with it but just remember this, when tournament time gets here everyone is 0-0. The regular season is just for seeding, so what you did does not mean a lot. I have seen a lot of upsets over the years so you never know what might happen this time of year. I do predict that there will be a good team going home early somewhere in this tournament. Just my thoughts though!! There has already been one upset in the play in game so you never know what will happen.