District 4A Sat RESULTS...

TheAnswer9

#5 seeded Coalfield held off a furious rally from #4 Sunbright to win the 1st round match-up by 7tps, 44-37!!

Coalfield led 23-6 at the break and 28-8 Midway through the 3rd when Sunbright turned the pressure up a notch. The Lady Tigers had rallied to to pull to with-in 28-15 at the end of behind 7 Coalfield TOs. And then there was the 4th, Coalfield continued to turn the ball over--7 times in 2:30 as Sunbright rallied to make it a 29-26 game and even a 38-35 game with 1:30 left to play, but....in the end, the Lady Jackets had enough to hang on!!

Some stats for the contest:

1st half Sunbright hit 3 of 30 from the field and was 0-7 from the stripe

Total:

Sunbright 14 of 56 FGs and 7-17 from the stripe

I believe Coalfield connected on 12-20 from the stripe, but...I didn't get their FG total if anyone knows it. I know Colon had 11pts for the Lady Jackets while Elise Brown hit for 12pts for Sunbright before fouling out!!

I didn't get to go---had to work :D --- but my wife said that Casey Jackson was the difference maker down the stretch, pretty much refusing to let Sunbright come from behind and steal another one over the Lady Jackets.

I said all along that it was going to be hard for the Lady Tigers to beat a pretty evenly matched opponent like the Lady Jackets three times in a row in one season and that's why I picked Coalfield to prevail in this one.

Good job ladies---thanks for surviving! Now I get to see you play at least a few more games this year!

Now, start thinking/believing in these two words---UPSET BULLDOGS!

---rSquared

And Coach Fred Snow's Lady Eagles of Oakdale gave the Oneida Lady Indians ALL they could handle and then some for 3 periods of play Saturday night. However, the game is 4 periods long.

You ask what do I mean??

Oneida held slim leads of 11-10, 16-14, and 28-26 before the 4th rolled around. It looked as if the Lady Indians may pull away in the 3rd, taking a 24-14 lead before back-to-back triples pulled the Lady Eagles to with-in 4pts.

But....in the 4th, Oneida forged their way out in front by a score of 43-26 as Oakdale went 7+ minutes without a single point in the frame!!

Hopefully, someone can give us more info on scoring and the important things like that my friends!! I listened to the game via WECO radio with Keith and Ray from time to time!!

Congratulations to Oakdale on a hard fought contest and good luck is out to the Lady Indians the rest of the way!!