Santa Fe vs. Summertown

basebasketfan

Santa Fe came out good, down by 5 at the half. Second half I guess the refs think, hmm, Santa Fe is close, this isnt supposed to happen, so they call fouls against SF, let a few over the backs slide and the team fouls are Summertown 3 SF 11. A little lop sided, but thats alright. SF keeps chipin away the lead then gets a stop and comes down the floor and hits a three to go up by 1 with a min or so left. They make another stop and then they get fouled a couple times cause remeber they only have 3 team fouls, so they get 4 fouls real quick to try to get the ball back. They get it back down by 1 with 20 sec left. Try jackin up a three but miss, but thats ok they think 'we'll just go over the back and get the ball cause the refs dont call over the back on Summertown', they get the ball back and hit a pull up. 6 sec left SF dribbles up court, coach calls timeout around half court, the refs dont hear the timeout so SF player throws up a shot from beyond three point range and HITS it time expires. BUT wait ref says 'oh' he called a timeout lets give it to him. No basket. And Summertowns coach was like you cant give them that timeout. But you see if the refs wouldnt of given SF the timeout, SF would of won. All refs were from Lawrence Co. also.

That was a great game, Sante Fe should have won that game. Coach called the time out but yeah it wasnt granted until after the shot was made and time expired. The ref could have easily said game over.....All i have to say is that if the shot wasn't made then would there have still been a time out and 1.9 secs put back on the clock.... dont think so.... Thats not the way to end a tourney game with one team advancing and the other not. But oh well Summertown got lucky

that game was bull....... the refs went against Santa Fe all night long..... i normally dont say anything about the refs, but they were horrible, it was very obvious that they wanted Summertown to win, all three of the refs were from lawrence county....lawrence county happens to be where Summertown is... imagine that, :lol: , i know that there was at least 3 times on Summertowns last possession that they turned it over. the first time was an over and back that they didnt call, the second one was a Summertown stepped out of bounds in front of the scorers table, and the third one was a Summertown player ran out of bounds along the baseline.... :D , that was a terrible job of officiating... i heard some fans saying that Santa Fe was playing 8 against 5..... i wasnt impressed with the officials, :lol:... but i must say that it was a good game. the officials just screwed it up..

Tough luck Clifton got hosed last night also. It was obvious they were calling for Mt. Pleasant. If the refs are going to let a lot of stuff go thats fine but dont let a player get tackled on one end and then call a handcheck on the other, thats horrible. I wish the refs would just call consistant in district 12A. You have some refs that let you body up and play physical and then you have some that call a foul on you for sneazing.

Tough luck Clifton got hosed last night also. It was obvious they were calling for Mt. Pleasant. If the refs are going to let a lot of stuff go thats fine but dont let a player get tackled on one end and then call a handcheck on the other, thats horrible. I wish the refs would just call consistant in district 12A. You have some refs that let you body up and play physical and then you have some that call a foul on you for sneazing.

You have got to be kidding about the Clifton/Mt. Pleasant game right? Clifton was cheap shotting Jamarcus Webster the whole game and everyone that seen the game knows it.

From what I saw, the refs were actually more in favor of Clifton. If I was Jamarcus, I'd killed Emmett Slone for sure for his undercutting and shots, I think Prater threw a few in there too. But I know if I was Jamarcus, someone would have got some retaliation.

Clifton got it handed to them at the end because of this: No Prater, no Massa, no Love thanks to fouls, Bumphus taking bad shots all night, and Emmett Slone guarding anyone is a mismatch, especially him one-on-one against Jamarcus.

Edited by Dweeb93

Tough luck to Santa Fe. You guys deserved to win and you showed a lot of heart. On Summertown behalf, good win for you guys i know yall feel a little lucky but you need a little luck in the tournament.

As for the Mp Clifton game. Cheap shots and Undercutting on Jamarcus has been happening all year. Jamarcus has handled it very well. Im glad to see someone finally call an intentional foul though. Jamarcus is a good kid and he is about the only one i know that could hold his cool through it. Mp didn't play a good game but they played good enought to win though i guess. They will need to play better in order to beat a good Wayne Co. team.

S*cks about the officiating, but how can you say that the refs were more for Clifton. The foul margin was 19-5 in favor of Mt Pleasant the 2nd half. I heard about the Santa Fe game and I would have to agree that they got hosed from the sound of it. stinks that the refs got 2 teams in one night. Oh well, if if's and but's were candy and nuts we would all have a merry christmas, right. I say good luck to all teams, but Wayne Co will win district and possibly region too, that's my pick for it all, Mt. Pleasant will probably have to play Forrest, Summertown & Moore Co, Perry Co & W'boro will play for the 12-a title, I am not sure who will place 3rd & 4th in 11-A, those are just my predictions, Wayne Co & Moore Co to Substate.