DII regionals

WrestleSBA

It is my understanding that it was voted on by the DII coaches that a regional be established for the opportunity to compete at state. There would be an East and West division, the split being in Nahville. This would cause Father Ryan and MBA to be in the West and Brentwood Academy and Battle Ground Academy to be in the East. This is due to the fact that to my understanding there are about five new schools looking to join DII in the next year. This would result in the top eight wrestlers in each region making it to the state tournament. Of course all of this would still need to be approved by the TSSAA.

I was wondering what everyone else thought about this idea. I personally like the idea and think that it can only make the wrestlers better and make the state tournament mroe competitive in the early rounds.

Also, does anyone know what school these might be. I assume one of them is St. George's in Memphis who recently opened but did have a wrestling team this year.

I think it's a very good idea. I only hope that they can get it done. Everyone talks about change a lot, but it rarely takes place. Separate qualifier tournaments would be great for seeding, and the regions look pretty close to balanced with Baylor, McCallie, and ND in the East and Father Ryan, MBA, and CBHS in the West.