DI vs. DII

shotred52

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D1 was extremely weak this year. It basically consisted of Bradley and their guns: Gibson, Cordell, West, Blackmon. Soddy and their guns: Lane, James, Campbell. And then a few others that made a good showing at state. D1 will be extremely weak next year as Bradley and Soddy lose all of the listed big name wrestlers above. DII feilded much harder competition this year. Leen, Scott, Manley, Blair, N.Marable, M.Marable, Stark, Dunning, Hiller, Adamson, Johnson, Smith, Geismer, C.Manson, T.Manson, the list goes on. DII will be weaker next year too with much of those names graduating but still has a great number of big name top wrestlers returning.

Look Guys, this d1 vs d2 is so old its got wrinkles. Both divisions crowned state champions saturday. They are all good and deserving or they wouldnt be there. Lets not take away from either by saying they arent truly state champs. There are times when certain weight classes in one or the other are deeper than the other. Who is really best from year to year would change like the weather. Lets all sometime, somewhere, get over this lunacy. You might as well ask how come you have to die. Its just that way so deal with it. Meanwhile their are 28 state champs in this state that shouldnt be watered down by this useless discussion.

I don't see any Franklin names listed on your post. Davis, Felix, Ortiz, and Konz will be back along with one or two brothers each. Don't count them out as the next great champions.

Davis and Ortiz could be mentioned since they both have been to the finals. However, Davis was destroyed by Blair (McCallie) in the Ryan Tourny (Blair pinned him in 2:37) and Ortiz finished 4th in state. Felix is up and coming but still needs to establish himself. Albeit he did get second at state, he was manhandled by James in 2 periods. Konz has never made it to the big one and was pinned by the Bartlett kid in a minute. Plus he placed 7th at the Ryan tourny, not that good. They are all good wrestlers but have not yet established themseleves as top cmpetition.

Look Guys, this d1 vs d2 is so old its got wrinkles. Both divisions crowned state champions saturday. They are all good and deserving or they wouldnt be there. Lets not take away from either by saying they arent truly state champs. There are times when certain weight classes in one or the other are deeper than the other. Who is really best from year to year would change like the weather. Lets all sometime, somewhere, get over this lunacy. You might as well ask how come you have to die. Its just that way so deal with it. Meanwhile their are 28 state champs in this state that shouldnt be watered down by this useless discussion.

messenger,

I was not comparing the individual champions. I was just making a point that D1 is going to lose just about all of their big name guys this year to graduation, which will in turn mean an extremely weak feild will be represented by D1 next year.

It is unfortunate the way the divisions are split....everyone knows this.....It seems that everyone is overlooking the fact that Tennessee has GREAT wrestlers, surprises are always going to be had. Who is better than who is an issue that will never end with the divisions split the way they are......It is more unfotunate that our wrestlers will not get the chance to wrestle each other just to know in their heart that they can either be victoriuos or learn a lesson to make them better. I am sure as spectors of the sport, we would like to see the best prevail, but I am just as sure, the wreslters just want the chance to have 6 min to see what they can do against a great challenge. Disappointing as it is, many of our wreslters will not have but one chance, if that, to have such an oppurtunity. Being the best is not everything, but knowing that you had a chance to prove what you can do means so much more.

I just dont like it when people start belittling one coach or one kid from one division because they go to a school in another division. To say some one would kill this guy or that guy is impossible to tell no matter what happened last year or last week. Bundy is the perfect example of that. They are all champs. Its fun to speculate but to wish for it is crazy because it isnt going to happen. To belittle champions from one division or the other just brings out allegience to your division or school. So its just the s.o.s. But Ill probably hang in and read it anyway.

messenger,

I was not comparing the individual champions. I was just making a point that D1 is going to lose just about all of their big name guys this year to graduation, which will in turn mean an extremely weak feild will be represented by D1 next year.

Ok Mr. DII. So do the "big names" of Leen, Scott, Manley, Simpson, Hiller, Blair, Stark, Marable, Wash, or Forte ring a bell? That's nine of this year's champions plus one that should be. Both sides are losing big names, including both of DII's 4-timers. As in the past, both sides will have a lot of great wrestlers next year too. DI will have a ton of kids trying to crawl up that podium and take the places of Gibson, James, Lane, Blackmon, and all the others.