DI vs. DII

shotred52

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as we are bringing up the tired and old lets again say that 1A and 2A and 3A should all playoff in baseball, basketball, etc. because otherwise they would not truly know in their heart they are champions. give me a break. Iowa home of some of the best high school wrestling in the country,( Waaaaaay better than ours )has 3 divisions. Any of thier 3 champs could usually handle ours in tennessee. So since there third best can beat our first best we probably wont think in our hearts we could be champs. But at least their 3rd best knows he can be champ in tennessee anyway. See, doesent this get ridiculous after a while. The sad case is the 42 Iowa champions all consider themselves champions and we dont. Maybe we should take the worst one of their three on and see who would win and we know we would be at least 3rd in Iowa. I know there are exceptions, Matt Keller and Phillip Simpson come to mind. Anyway, the point is they are all champs and all deserving of that respect. AND THEY ARE NEVER GOING TO WRESTLE, at least not in the near future.

jddragon Posted on Feb 24 2004 - 07:14 PM

it should be blair over Bond Davis davis is the real state champ

Jddragon.......

a real state champ would not have to worry about stalling, cautions or any other type of call... they would have gone out and wrestled hard, and proved they were a state champ just as Bundy, Cordell, James, Lane, Cody, Gibson, (DI) and Leen, Cleveland, Both Marable brothers, and hiller(D2) all did.

As for Bond Davis he is capable of better wrestling he just seemed flat all weekend. And for all you ppl that are stating the truth that Blair pinned Davis at Ryan tourny..... if i am not mistaking Davis was up like 8-2 or something before he got caught.... i do not think sanders could beat Blair, but i do think the leen/lane match would be great....well worth the money paid to watch.

If it was not for the mcallie weight class mix ups the inter division matchup would not be close!!!!!!!!!!

fact of the matter is, they wont put it back together.

another fact, a combined state tourney would look alot different in the finals than anything anyone could predict.

in a 32 man, combined tourney bracket, where you have D1 and D2 mixed, knocking eachother off to get to the finals, not too mention the upsets that would take place....it boggles the mind. You cant look at it like a champions of both division finals, that is misleading.

soon, D2 will have bragging rights to most 4 time state champions, but what will it mean?

does it mean more to be a 4 timer in D1? nope.

this is a comparison that cannot be made. things that changed with the split cannot be rectified, but it is fun to ponder.

simpson, keller, marable...all national champs of some sort? now that talks to me.

stroker

As for Bond Davis he is capable of better wrestling he just seemed flat all weekend. And for all you ppl that are stating the truth that Blair pinned Davis at Ryan tourny..... if i am not mistaking Davis was up like 8-2 or something before he got caught.... i do not think sanders could beat Blair, but i do think the leen/lane match would be great....well worth the money paid to watch.

cat -

You are wrong. Blair was up on Davis by some point margin when he did not simply catch him, instead he turned him with a good old fashioned half-nelson and stuck him.

If Nick Marable did tell Scott it shoulda been you, that'd been hilarious. And as far as Scott being able to win at 152 or 145, why didn't he? Did the Mccallie wrestlers need to wrestle two weights up all year? Did it make them better? Was it because 160 was ridiculously weak? Or was he running from Nick Marable to save his 4th title, or is this something illegal to think about.

Edited by TheGorgi