District 10AA

stumylou43

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i CAN'T POSSIBLY MAKE A PICK THIS EARLY, BUT SOMEONE HAS TO KNOCK OFF MCHS SINCE THEY ARE THE 4-TIME, 4-TIME DEFENDING CHAMPS. HARPETH AND SYCAMORE HAVE INJURIES TO TOP ARMS. MC CAN REPEAT IF PLAYERS COME THROUGH ON THE BUMP. HARPETH WILL BE TOUGH. WAVWERLY AND CHEATHAM RETURN A LOT OF PLAYERS. SYCAMORE HAS QUALITY TALENT IN EVERY SPORT. CREEK WOOD WILL BE YOUNG AGAIN WITH ONLY 1 SENIOR, BUT THEY WILL BE IMPROVED. I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT STEWART. SHOULD BE A GREAT YEAR AND WILL POST MORE AFTER A WEEK OF SCRIMMAGES. GO RED HAWKS!!!!!!!!

I agree with coachrop. You have to go with Mont. Cent. since they are defending champs (to be the man you've got to beat the man). I do feel that it will be a 3 team battle for 1st between Mont. Cent., Cheatham, and Harpeth. Mont. Central probably has more pitching depth than anyone(they always do). Cheatham is very well coached and came on strong last year at tournament time (pitching would be a question mark for them). Harpeth has a new coach and returns everyone from last year I believe, experience should help them alot.

I would predict Mont. Cent., Harpeth and Cheatham playing for the top three spots with Waverly, Sycamore, Creekwood, and Stewart Co. all battling for the 4th spot in the tournament. Never count Waverly out they do what it takes to win.

The real question is do any of these teams have the ability to advance past the region tournament. I don't think that any of these teams have done that in the last 7-8 years.

First of all, Harpeth does not have any injured arms. I don't know where you got that. Next, Central doesn't have any more pitching depth than anyone else in the district, but they are the team to beat since they have won the last four districts. Harpeth didn't lose anyone so they have an advantage with experience. The same goes for Cheatham, they didn't lose but only one person I think. Sycamore lost just about everybody, and Waverly lost a few players as well. Creek Wood is too young to compete, but in a year or two they will be competitors, and who knows anything about Stewart County. I agree the top three is between Montgomery Central, Harpeth, and Cheatham.

YOU ARE CORRECT AND I MADE AN INCORRECT POST ABOUT INJURED ARMS FOR HARPETH. I THINK IF I CAN RECALL THE CONVERSATION IT WAS A STRAINED THUMB ON THE LEFTY CONASTER. SORRY ABOUT THE MISTAKE. I THINK CW CAN COMPETE EVEN WITH THEIR YOUTH. THEY WENT 6-6 IN DISTRICT IN 03. EVERYONE RETURNS EXCEPT WILLIAMS. HOW IS COASTER'S HAND.

What about Cheatham though, they lost only 1 player and he really wasnt a factor last year. They have a good catcher in Watts, a good pitcher in McKeller, an infeild that has inproved very rappidly over the past 2 years. I think it will be extremely close with Harpeth and Cheatham batteling for 1 and 2 with Cheatham finding a way to get #1. They both have great coaches and good programs but i think Cheatham will find a way to win.

Conatser has some pulled ligaments in his thumb, he is out for 2-6 weeks, or something like that. I agree, Cheatham will be good this year. The only player they lost was their nine hole hitter. McKellar is a good pitcher, but they used a lot of catchers last year so who knows who will catch for them. They will be tough no matter who catches. It will be an exciting season.

Montgomery Central has not won the district the past 4 years.... i do believe Fairview knocked them off in 2001... and if Fairview would've stayed we would have won the last 2 years as well... Montgomery Central was the best team we played from that district last year, as we won by 1 at their place in the region tourney... so i would say Montgomery Central is the team to beat. however no team from this district will make it past the first round of regions b/c district 9AA is just too good.

Well exfire 21 if you are in the gym at Mont. Central this week for regions look at their banner and count the years they were champs. Coach Putnam has a nice run going and peaked last year behind some good arms. Marshall Co. is the measuring stick, but how do we know that 9AA is that good in 04.? it is not even march. CW at Farview March 1 at 4:30. stumylou, i work at Charlotte middle. PEACE-OUT!!!!!!!!

I doubt the Creekwood-Fairview scrimmage takes place with 5 or 6 players, mostly starters, in basketball. Surprise Creekwood wants to play Fairview after putting up 22 runs against them last year. The district probably will go to Montgomery Central again, but they will lose in the regional because this district is so weak it can't compare them for the competetion that they face come regionals. I know district 9 will be better than district 10 because there is more talent here. Marshall owns you guys. Also the last three years district 9 is 6-0 against district 10 in regional play. I know this from personal experience as my sophmore year, I played for Fairview and we played Richland and they beat us because we weren't prepared. After moving to the tougher district 9 we beat Montgomery Central on their turf and went the farthest any Fairview Baseball team has ever gone.