battle of the ryan's

Guest ChattCentralPlyr

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah theres two chattanooga cyclones teams. One coached by George Koontz and the other is coached by David Everret. Im guessing the farrow kid played for Coach Everret... i understand the miscommunication now. We switched our centerfield out quite a bit... it would be between Stephen Hawk, Brandon Langston, and a few others

Brandon Langston (signed Kennesaw State) Played CF most of the summer. Steven Hawk and Andrew Shaver, Lee Univ, were the other 2 that played CF. RJ is a kid with a cannon for an arm an is a Div I caliber RF. He also played some 1B to rest his arm. As a 16yr old he led the Cyclones in hitting. This summer he will continue to play RF and will have his choice of where to play at the next level. The Brandon Farrow did play for Everetts Cyclones for a brief time b/f he was shut down with a sore arm. Rumor has it that he is throwing the ball extremly well with both good velocity and good control. We will see this weekend at Centrals scrimmages.

As far as the Ooltewah-Central matchup I don't think these two players will decide the game. Actually, Wilkes can beat anyone if he's throwing strikes, BUT this Ooltewah team is too deep to limit the probability of their success to the talent of Ryan Jones. Ooltewah-Central games are ALWAYS close and very exciting just because of the heated rivalry, and this year will depend on who shows up.

As for each player, I agree with Cooterhooter, Wilkes is incredibly talented, but I think there are other factors that don't necessarily pertain to baseball that may limit him down the line.

But for both of these guys, if they work hard and keep their nose clean then they could go as far as they want to.