Who will represent Class A, Reg. 1 & 2...

TheAnswer9

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

CobyEagle, its wierd calling you that since i know you pretty well, but I think that when and if CAK moves out of our district, an old rival MAY move back down. I won't mention the school's name because i am not 100% sure. But with that in mind, I believe every Cosby fan in the world may know who i am talking about. :D

Regardless of the reclassification I doubt Alcoa will move down to single A. They are small enough now but have chosen to play up.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cosby[/url'>Eagle,Feb 26 2004 - 10:20 PM] I did the math after the multiplier was passed & I think when TSSAA reclassifies it will move them up unless they do make an effort to enroll less students which would mean less $$$$.

Going to AA might put them in a district with Alcoa, AE, Seymour.

If CAK wants to keep growing and enrolling more students, this move

up would be unavoidable with the new rule.

TSSAA will use enrollment figures from this past January to determine classifications next Fall. CAK's enrollment stands at 280 which multiples out to 504.This puts us in AA in football for sure and on the line in basketball and baseball/softball. The cutoff numbers won't be determined until all schools' enrollment numbers are in. Also, some private schools may opt to go Div. II. There is also a possibility that TSSAA may go to four classes for basketball and baseball/softball.

CAK's high school building maxes out at 320. But, no, we would never keep numbers low in order to stay in a smaller class for the sake of sports. CosbyEagle, I know you said that "tougue in check" but there are people out there who really think Christain schools intentionally keep enrollment low just for athletics.( Cosby is one of the few schools I've never heard whine about the private schools advantage) Believe me, we try to get everyone in who wants a Christian education. We are not an exclusive prep school.

If CAK moves to AA in basketball that means that TSD will make a region apperance as long as 4 teams make up district 3-a......That's CrAzY. I think that the district(3-a) should have another team reguardless to if Cak moves up or not. Doesn't district 4-a have 8 teams?????

Is districts 1&2-a as lopsided as this is....??????

District 3-a

1 Cosby

2 CAK *possible move*

3 Greenback

4 Midway

5 TSD

District 4-a

1 Rockwood

2 Harriman

3 Sunbright

4 Wartburg

5 Oneida

6 Oakdale

7 Coalfield

What happens if CAK moves????? That wouldn't be fair to district 4-a if all teams in 3-a get to go the region tourny every year????????????

Edited by honeydip02

District 4 has 7 teams.

And It would be hard to move any team from District 4 to 3. Oneida I think would be the only reasonable team, but they would have to make an extremly long trip to Midway. So im really not sure.

Yeah but look at Midway...they travel all the way to Cosby.....What about Rockwood, Harriman, or Coalfield....do you think they might make a switch???

XtremeLoco,

I was looking very 4ward to making the trek down 27 tonight to watch some very good ball, but...I've got a prior commitment I can't get out of, so....

As for the district thing, it wouldn't surprise me if it looked like this:

District 1

Unaka

Cloudland

N Greene

Univ High

Clinch

Hancock

Washburn

JF White

Cosby

District 2

Jellico

Oneida

TSD

Greenback

Rockwood

Harriman

Oakdale

Coalfield

Wartburg

Sunbright

You know---they do have 9-10 teams Regions in football and district in basketball and ever other sport, so...I never discount counting out anything!!

Paintwatcher,

I don't believe it matters what happens to OS--Class A or AA, Midway won't be going back to Chattanooga. Those districts already have 6-7 teams in them!!

All I know is that redistricting or realignment or whatever they call it will be interesting--especially if they take numbers from January 2004, as I hear they will!!

The problem is in Reg 1&2 there are only 21 teams. In most substates there are 25-30 teams so if CAK leaves there are only 20 teams for 4 districts. Geography is athe culprit. After Greenback and Midway there aren't any A schools until you get to Chattanooga. Possible switches could be moving Monterry to District 4; Onieda to district 2 and Washburn to District 3. Anyway you cut it somebody is going to have some nice road trips. Either that or some current AA schools will HAVE to come down.( Sweetwater, Alcoa, Polk Co.) Just remember the old saying, " Be careful what you wish for..."