Let The York Fans Speak!

Doomsday

I want to know what coach15 is so afraid of since he closes every topic that starts to get a little heated about york.If you ask me, it's better to let people argue online instead of in reality where real damage could take place. Secondly coach15, why do you also close a topic that questions your intelligence. I wrote last night to say why I thought you shouldn't have closed the york topics(girls & boys) and I was hopeful that others would respond. But the exact opposite happens. And what was that..........coach15 closed another topic.....What A SURPRISE! So coach15, why don't you just let the fans talk and stop trying help, because your only hurting.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They shouldn't get down on themselves. Every post I've seen has acknowledged that they are all good players. Sometimes it takes an anonymous person or an outsider to point out a problem. ....Can they beat Livingston?? You bet they can!!!!!! Can they win in the Regional???? I think so...if they play together.

Will they beat Livingston? Maybe. Will they win Regions. No. The seniors better take as many wild shots as they can these next 2 or 3 games. As I see it, they don't have many games left...

To beat Livingston they just need to make some shots. This means that the 5 starters can't combine for 16 points. Ledbetter and Tipton were the only ones to score I believe. Ledbetter had 12 and Tipton had 4. When Stephens is on, they look pretty good. When he is off, they are less than mediocre.

I think the fans have overreacted to one bad season. They've won the district tournament the past 2 years, and been in the finals the past 4 years I believe. They've had a bad season, but there is always next year. They may not have a 25 win season next year, but it'll be better than this year. It'd be hard for things to get much worse.

What is wrong with York? Play the best 5 players and leave them in...don't play 15 players a game...no team will jell when they never get a chance to play as a TEAM of 5. It doesn't matter if you have 10 great players, it is teamwork resulting from 5 playing together which makes teams great. Use subs when necessary, not every 30 seconds for no reason. Have plays...against Upperman they looked like a playground pick up game! And Upperman isn't a great team like their teams of the late 90's. Certainly they aren't 32-8 at the half better! Maybe a 6'7" player needs to be under the basket for rebounds! With so many great 3 point shooters, let them shoot...if they miss, a 6'7" player should get the rebound. Mix it up with some cuts to the basket. Pretty simple. With all that talent they have so many weapons. Early in the year they looked great! York fans are loyal...they just want to see what's best for the team and are not seeing it.

York has a lot of talent. The Coach should share at

70% of the responsiblity. He's the head of the team. Just as man is the head of the household and is resposible for his family. The coach is the head of his team and he takes on this responsibility for his players when he becomes the coach. Players have to accountable for their action but their coachs has to lay the ground work, teach them the fundamentals etc. Let's not put these players down.

The Coach and team need to work together.

What blueville said in his first post is 100% correct.

Tonight they played, a little team ball. Interesting starting line up for York. Tipton didn't start but didn't stay on the bench long and Clark didn't start and didn't play much at all. What a joke, Clark is one of the more poised players on the team. Is the coach trying to prove a point to these two? They pulled out the win though, that's all that matters.

I saw where somebody else hinted that they threw the Upperman game. The more I think about it the more I think that they might have. A team with as many shooters as York does, doesn't shoot 10% in the first half. Now they will play Portland, a team that they are capable of playing and match up very well against. Make sense to anybody else?