District 11-AAA Championship

PG23FHSWR1

Before some of the Anti-Franklin fans get on - I just wanted to post and congratulate the Brentwood Lady Bruins for their win tonight. So many things could be said, but there is no excuse for the way Franklin played tonight and I know on behalf of the team, we are sorry it wasn't a better Championship game.

Hopefully we will meet again in the Region Finals- if not- Good Luck the rest of the way!

I know there could be a lot of things said against Franklin for some of the classlessness that took place during the game, but I hope Brentwood fans know that we are a good group of girls and nothing the court is taken personal. After the game, all Franklin players (to my knowledge) slapped hands with the Bruin team and most Seniors exchanged hugs.

The final was something like 58-31 -

Good Luck Monday

PG23FHS....

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As usual, a classy post! I wanted very much to talk to ya afterwards, but I couldn't give up my prime seat for the boy's championship game. Forget about this one and play hard Tuesday!

No excuses from me... Brentwood played better than my Lady Rebs. Didn't seem like we could buy a basket. Some nights you just don't have it. Oh well, on to Regions! Good luck to each District 11-AAA team and GOOD LUCK LADY REBELS!

I was at the game and can't make any excuses for the Lady Rebels either. They just didn't have it together last night. There was classlessness by both teams. The rebels got frustrated. I don't think there was any reason for Dugger to shove Bennette Yarbrough in the back when they were running down the court though. That was probabaly the most unsportsman-like thing done all night. I really hope the lady rebels come to play on Tuesday, because if they play like last night, they won't have a chance against Pearl Cone. GOOD LUCK, LADY REBELS!!!

Hey, this is for bballbabe24. First, I am going to overlook the comment you made calling my little sister a cheeseburger. I took into consideration that you are still young and very inmature so on to the next point. Dugger pushed that girl because she was overly aggressive in trying to get position. Boxing a girl out by pushing her 6 feet backwards and almost into the stands is what I consider over aggressive. Then, saying that was the most unsportsmanlike thing that happened last night?!?!?!?!? What about when the bench stood up and applauded when whoever that little girl was intentionally fouled Kate Prentice and could have seriously hurt her. She walked away laughing and Kate could have been really hurt. Then the bench and JV girls and even the coach stood up and applauded her. That is a reflection of the coach and his loud mouth and terrible temper! Which by the way we don't like very much because last year after Brentwood beat Franklin, and the girls were shaking hands, instead of shaking Duggers, Pantell elbowed her in the ribs and actually bruised her! And the sad thing is, it is all on tape! Anyway, thats just to bad cause his parents are nice folks, and he is just a thug when he doesn't get his way.

There are a LOT of things that could be said about both teams being unsportsmenlike, Brentwood was just more descrete then Franklin (using language instead of physical acts)-

Hopefully a rematch will be seen later this week, BTW, who is bballbabe24-

Lauren's sister must know who she is, but she is a Franklin fan and I have no idea who she is...

No Nikki Barney wasn't sick, none of us were- The bottom line is Brentwood out worked us and wanted it more.

BrentwoodFan, I was on the bench when #24 knocked Kate to the ground and I was sitting directly behind our coach- HE DID NOT STAND UP, the girls (who hadn't been playing) did for some reason, but if he stood up it was to yell at them because they were being classless- He told them to sit down.

Check the tape- but again, things went on against Brentwood that no one saw until Franklin retaliated. I'm not going to say what because I don't want to make Brentwood look as bad as people are making Franklin look.

It is such a personal game - championship and county - but once the game was over, the Franklin girls were good sports and obviously the Brentwood girls were too, since they won.

(When Franklin beat them earlier, one player from Brentwood shoved one of our girls when we were shaking hands and then walked off- I tried to tell her good game and she just threw my hand away very rudely- and that is on tape)

But whatever, the game is over and nothing can be done about what happened, only to what can happen-

I'm not trying to make excuses and I hope no one gets offended or upset-

It's over and we can either all argue on line about what happened, or hope for a rematch and get over this game.

thanks,

well pg23fhs there wont be a rematch you will be lucky to make it past anioch. but i wish you all the best i think that the game got out of hand you had a chance but u let your attitudes come out and u made yourselves look stupid. i do give you alot of credit though, i think barney and pantall have gotten your team where they are today..in a region tourny. there is no reason to even talk about what has happened in the past about who shoved who or anytihng like that, the championship is over and it was a blow out. i thought maybe i would come see a good game but all i saw was Brentwood shooting techs. and as for fhsrebel i hope you keep eating your words bc you look more stupid than anyone out there last night. you just keep talking and i just hoe you were at that game last night and maybe someday you can put your words where your mouth is? i think Brentwood played incredible defense last night only letting fhs scre 3 in the first quarter and 6 in the third. i also think that some players deserve alot more credit than they got. i still give barney some great recognition and hope she goes on in college and is very successful i also think that anne weigngartner should have gotten on the all region team, i think she played excellent last night and even all season. congrats to the lady bruins and good luck to the lady rebels...lets all try and represent your district during region.

m'boroPATS, thanks for all your words, go Oakland!

These "Oakwood" fans can't do anything but talk a lot. I don't look stupid. I look like someone who's a big fan of a team that lost. In a contest between two teams, that's going to be about 50% of the fans. I guess y'all looked stupid back in the regular season. Look, here's the deal, Brentwood won. I said that already. I have no words to eat, thanks though. This is quite a heated rivalry and I think we have enough to deal with just between Franklin and Brentwood... we don't need Oakland fans mixing things around, too.

This is for BrentwoodFan42. I'm sorry I called your sister cheeseburger. I was upset and shouldn't have said that. As for Pantall elbowing Dugger and making a bruise, that's a little hard to believe. I do remember her not shaking his hand in the line both times, so how was she near him? Oh, and go back and look at the tape. Bennet was jogging backwards to get to her spot when Fhs was pressing and Dugger turned around and shoved her forward. It was around halfcourt. How is that boxing out? Oh, and Jesssica Roberts might have deserved the intentional foul but she didn't mean to hurt the girl she was just going for the ball. Classlessness and bad sportmanship isn't only in a physical way, it's also verbal.

bballbabe24, Apology accepted. It was the first game of last season that Pantall elbowed Lauren. If I could somehow digitalize it I would send it to you as proof, but I don't know how I could. And that is why she didn't shake his hand the next two times! Would you if Brentwoods coach gave you a cheap shot in the ribs?? I doubt it. I do agree with what you said about being verbal, but in the stands, you can't hear anything anybody is saying to anybody else. You can however, see when one team is trying to rip the heads off of another team. Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never harm me. It is one thing to get verbal, and again I don't condone that, but it is another to retaliate with physical play that comes across to the people in the stands as trying to kill the other team! And thats fine she didn't mean to hurt Kate Prentice, but she didn't help her up, she ran away laughing, and some girls on the bench stood up and clapped and yelled like she had done something great. That is what I was so upset about. It was a physical game, but there are lines that are crossed and the number of fouls Franklin had as a total team showed that.