Unaka Rangers Dist. Champs

creekercalhoun

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for all the fans i think that all the facts of the game should be put out there. Not just Unaka WINS!!!!! First of all, it was a great game overall, but did Unaka earn the win????? Most would say no. For sure not to win the way they did! In overtime Cloudland took the last shot attempt with time running out for the win, in a hustle play the refs made a terrible CALL and with no time remaining let a Unaka player walk the court and make the GAME WINNING FREE THROW! It wasnt earned in my book. Especially considering that the real tourny MVP Robbie Tolley had fouled out in the 4th! Still had 21 I believe! Either way Unaka won and Chambers got the MVP. Wasnt right from where i was sitting. Especially considering that on the play before Cloudland got called for a foul when it was obvious that the kid was riding his back. How can u call a foul on the kid who is being jumped onto of???? It was crazy for sure! The whole end was just a mess. NO REF SHOULD GIVE A GAME AWAY LIKE THAT!

The refs gave Unaka the game just like they gave Chambers the MVP award.

SHOULD THE MVP ALWAYS COME FROM THE WINNING TEAM??????? IT SHOULD BE BASED ON STATS NOT WHOS TEAM COMES OUT ON TOP! Can someone help me out and give me the stats for Chambers and Tolley? So we can compare

The Score was something like 65-64 in overtime (the foul shot, being the deceiding factor)

Edited by notjustafan

Hey Abe,, Just wondering if you're really as stupid as you sound???? How on earth do you think that tim "crying" would have any impact on the the selection of the MVP? Why don't you share some of your great knowledge about the procedure they use to choose the MVP? Just accept the fact that Unaka won, and that two good teams played a great game and leave it at that. I guess if you do need someone to blame for the loss or anything else that didn't go your way, you could blame Tim or the refs or maybe the fans or perhaps the concession workers ..etc. if you get my drift. I know how you feel about the MVP, Rusty got screwed out of it last year by a JR. for UH.. Not taking anything away from Tolley he's a great player as is all the players from Cloudland. Tim had no input whatsoever as to the choosing of the MVP. He did get to vote on the all tourney team and the girls MVP. He declined to vote on the boys because of Rusty. I'm sure that Rusty would be proud to share the MVP with Tolley..No one comes out a winner when we get on here a down the other players.. Let's just say that boys and girls for both teams played great and we'll see you in Hancock.. :rolleyes:

First off if you think Unaka is great think again :blink: . They dont have any real competition in their conference except maybe Cloudland. I know Happy Valley didnt win the district but we did beat Unaka. Look who we do have to play though. I mean I want to see Unaka take on Volunteer, EHS, & CHS and beat them :) . It probably aint gonna happen. As for Chambers gettin mvp thats a joke :justwrestle: . When we played them he sucked majorly. Personally I think Collins is a better player :) , but everyone make Chambers out to be the great one. They need to take another look at Collins before they do that. As for who should get mvp I think it should be anyone playin for the champ. whether they win or lose. Dont worry Unaka will probably be out first round so dont get a big head k. :D

Edited by hvhssenior04

hvhsenior04, it's a shame that the ones choosing the mvp didn't have your brillant insight into the selection process. yeah he might have had a bad game against you guys but from what I heard, the whole team had a bad game. Rusty plays with heart and he gives it everything he has. Tough poop if you don't like him and I'd bet the farm that he could care less. MVP, Player of the Year..their just awards, 1 or 2 years from now those awards won't mean a thing but the crap you guys are putting on here does. It's hurtful and childlish. I know most of us on here are kids and we post stuff we shouldn't but if you've ever talked with Rusty you'd know he's a good guy. In my book, both teams played their hearts and guts out. No one player on the team is more valuable than the other 4. It takes all 5 to win and all 5 to lose. You guys need to think before you say spitefull things about someone else. Years from now, if you're lucky you may have children playing basketball, or any other team sport, and again if you're lucky that child might just be lucky enough to win an award or receive special recognition. But if your UNLUCKY, their may be some jerk on here telling that child and his parents how sorry he is and how he didn't deserve this or that, etc. So think before you type, that kid you're talking bout now might be yours one of these days.

Edited by sweetipie7

notjustafan,

Chambers scored six or seven points. He had 12 assists and ten rebounds.

Most consider Robbie one of the best players in the area. Robbie and Rusty, if they'd practice, could start for any of them. We could discuss the officiating forever, but for what?

Robbie had zero fouls in the first half. Do you think he fouled anyone in the first half? He was in the game with twoseconds remaining in the third, and with his team at the free throw line. He went over the back and that put him in a real mess. There was also the double foul. I also think that with Robbie in the game, Cloudland had a much-improved chance at victory. But he did foul out. That's something he can ill-afford to do.

Both teams had better shoot free throws at a higher percentage or neither will advance. I would've preferred another overtime period. But there were plenty questionable calls to go around.

But this would all be academic had Cloudland or Unaka hit just one more free throw. Byrd's buzzer-beater was Cloudland's first three.