Region 6A Tournament at Mt. Pleasant

supaballa

I think this could be a really good tournament with two very balanced districts coming together. There isn't a dominant team in the bunch, and there are probably six different teams that could come out on top? Does everyone think the top seeds will hold? The Huntland/Hampshire game is the only one that I can see possibly not being close in the first round.

I'm going with Huntland, Summertown, Forrest, and Moore Co. to win in the first round. Yes, I picked Forrest for the upset.

I'll say Summertown and Moore Co. in the finals, with Moore Co. winning it. Both of those teams could just as easily lose in the first round, however.

What does everyone else think?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perry County over Forrest by 17 - Forrest is playing well right now with the addition of one of the best 8th graders in the state now getting to play with them. However, the Lady Vikings have too much firepower and shouldn't have a hard time with the Lady Rockets if they can keep their nerves in check.

Summertown over Richland by 13 - Summertown easily beat this Richland team by 20 earlier in the year. While I don't think it will be that big of a margin this time around, I don't see the Lady Raiders keeping it real close.

Wayne County over Moore County by 2 - This will be a great game between two tradition-rich schools. This game will come down to how good Davenport plays for WC and how good Fletcher plays for MC.

Huntland over Hampshire by 10 - Hampshire is no pushover, but they won't be enough to take down Huntland. Look for the Lady Hawks to keep it close early before the Lady Hornets pull away in the second half.

I really don't see these games being as close as everyone is saying that they are going to be, but I could be wrong. In what games I have seen 11A teams play this year, they were not impressive at all. Look for this year's Region 6A tourney to be similar to last years (3 12A and 1 11A teams advancing). The only thing that I think could really throw this off is the Wayne Co. and Moore Co. game which I do think will be very close. So, all in all, it should be another great tourney, and I do believe that the winner of this region (maybe the runner-up, will be tough for them though) will be going to state.

Here's the match ups for the girls

Monday March 1st

4:00 Huntland-Hampshire

7:00 Perry County-Forrest

Tuesday March 2nd

4:00 Summertown-Richland

7:00 Moore County-Wayne County

Wednesday March 3rd

4:00 Huntland/Hampshire winner-Summertown/Richland winner

7:00 Perry Co/Forrest winner-Moore Co/Wayne Co winner

Thursday

6:30 Championship game