8-AAA Pitchers

Playa5

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think 3 of the top picthers will come from the same team, and this would be the coffee co raiders. Adam clark, Justin mcneese, and Bubba vincent. all 3 of these players are returning all distric pitchers from last year.They all throw in the upper 80's.

i beg to differ about all throwing in the upper 80's. one of them may top out in the upper 80's. i know vincent tops in the 85-86 range, clark the same and mcneese also. they all form a very good staff. i don't know how many times it has to be said that just because a kid tops in the upper 80's doesn't mean he pitches there all the time. that is why they call it topping out. not yet mentioned, probably two of the best pitchers in bryan morris from tullahoma, who TOPPED OUT, not throws consistently, at 91 this past fall and dakota gardner from lincoln county who pitches at about 80-82, but has great command of his stuff. tyler ward is also a good one from lincoln county.

I think alot of times when said someone throws in the 80's or 90's it is ment tops out at .99% of the time if you ask someone what they throw they give top out speed because it sounds better.still toping out at those speeds is very good.What is really important should be ERA,Opp on base percentige,and how often opponents actually put the ball in play.Get the book Moneyball for excellent demonstrations of this.Pitch movement and locating pitchs is much more important than speed.Speed is by far one of the most overrated abilitys in baseball .

personally i know all three coffee county boyz and i'd say they gonna bring it to everyteam this year cause they know the game and str8 play it. Plus they got what it takes to stand up and tell ya battin hataz to sit down. quote ... whyte_out A.K.A dirty sup to muh boys in the cc

: :D The many times you run into a pitcher with the reputation of throwing in the 90,s you find someone who may be in the low 80,s to mid 80,s certainly not he 90,s. The high school pitcher throwing in the 90,s is few and far between. We are all at fault in this regard. Throwing hard does not make you a good pitcher because the good teams will hit it.

Edited by jrjwtm

THE BIG THING IS THE TYPE OR RADAR GUN USED.THERE ARE 2 BASIC TYPES AND THE ONE USED MOST IN HS AND SOME COLLEGE GIVES A 4-5 MPH FASTER READING THAN IS ACTUALLY TRUE. THATS WHY YOU DO SEE PLAYERS IN HS HITTING 85-90+. AND YOU THEN HEAR 90+ REALLY BRINGINNG IT IN THE PROS.

As far as Coffee County's pitchers go, ive seen all top 4 pitchers clocked; Clark at 83-85 and topped out at 86 but i have heard he has been having some arm trouble and with his knee now a problem, he hasnt been able to go more than 2 or 3 innings; Mcneese at 83-85; he topped out at 86 ; Vincent at 84-85 on average then when he reared back he got to 86-87; Webster topped at 83 and averages 79-81. And as hard as these players work during the off season, they should only get better. This district will be tough but i believe that these will be the most effective pitchers you will see. Other team's pitchers that will be effective is Tullahoma's Morris, Columbia's Bratton, and Franklin's top 2, cant think of their name as of now. This will be a very interesting and exciting year in 8-AAA.

ccbaseballfan. I'm sorry but you need to be corrected. I don't beleave you have seen all four of these guys under the gun. Not at the speed your talking about. Clark was gunned at 89mph. against a team from nashville that Georgia Tech. was wanting to see. McNeese was clocked consis. at 87&88 in a wood bat tourn. in Warren County. Vincent was clocked 87*88 mph. at Motlow during the fall. Webster has never been gunned no matter what his daddy says, but I would say he is in the low 80s. I will go on to say that the first 3 guys I mentioned will be hard to handle. Not because of there speed but because of there off speed and location. They proved it last year and they will this year.

Goingyard, I don't know what you are trying to do but all you are doing is degrading CC. I think you are trying to talk them up but you sound ignorant. Why would you make a smart ellic comment like that towards the websters. That's complete stupidity. I think you need to keep your mouth quiet and think before you speak next time, and maybe growing up a little bit wouldn't hurt because you sound like a student. who knows you might be, but you sound a little immature even for a student. Just sounds to me like your upset because the McNeese kid wasn't mentioned, but from what i've seen of him he doesn't throw 87-88. That sounds like a very considerate gun, maybe bout 83-84(low-mid 80's) If you are just upset because he wasn't mentioned that's ok but there is no reason at all to degrade webster.

Edited by sgcwjm

Franklin Co.'s Dustin Crabtree has pitched 2 scrimmage games so far. Threw a one-hitter against Blackman, striking out 7 in 5 innings. Threw a 2 hitter against Soddy Daisy, striking out 10 in 5 innings. Havent seen a gun on him yet, but batters are not getting around on him. Good luck to everyone in 8-AAA this year.