Drug Testing High School Athletes

BigDogDaddy

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

If ya run inta leegal problums for testin thuh entar stoodent body, then furget drug testin. If ya caint test thuh entar stoodent body, teechers, cusstoadiuns, koaches, an everbody else, then dont test nobody. Agree with me, OSHS man??

Yeah, I agree kinda. I think those in after school activities are having their privacy violated without cause because they want to do something they love to do. They're being singled out.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OSHSman..... you are starting to come around. Believe me, I understand where you are coming from. I agree with the 4th amendment, but!!!!! and a strong but!!!! that has nothing to do with Volunteering to do extracurricular activities or working. It still is the school's responsiblity for students in those activities, and if you Volunteer your services, then you are subject to testing. It is an infringement to do a drug test to students that are forced to attend school, but it is not when you Volunteer. There are rules to apply for a job, one including a drug test. You have the right to refuse anything you do. And if I am the head coach of a team, I want to know that I have a "clean" team. And if it is not, then get the players help before doing other drastic measures.

So no one is forcing you to do a drug test, but you will be the one to decide what you want to do and what you can live with.

I think we as coaches have a responsibility to the student-athletes to try and teach them about life situations. If we turn our heads and look the other way, then what have we done to help them? I don't advocate drug testing as a witchhunt to find out who is using and just punish them; I advocate it to help a kid straighten their life out. There are too many parents who don't want to believe that their kid is using drugs so they choose to ignore it. This is multiplying the problems that we already face. Sports are voluntary, if you don't want to play ball because of a drug test then that is your choice. I would like to ask any of you who oppose drug testing, if you have ever buried one of your players. A sixteen year old kid belongs on the playing field, not in a pine box!!

I think we as coaches have a responsibility to the student-athletes to try and teach them about life situations. If we turn our heads and look the other way, then what have we done to help them? I don't advocate drug testing as a witchhunt to find out who is using and just punish them; I advocate it to help a kid straighten their life out. There are too many parents who don't want to believe that their kid is using drugs so they choose to ignore it. This is multiplying the problems that we already face. Sports are voluntary, if you don't want to play ball because of a drug test then that is your choice. I would like to ask any of you who oppose drug testing, if you have ever buried one of your players. A sixteen year old kid belongs on the playing field, not in a pine box!!

Very good post! I like the last line! :D